The next few weeks are jam-packed for our family! So this slow cooker meal is perfect for a busy night!
With a few TV spots, putting in a sprinkling system, preschool graduation and sending my husband to Bosnia for our church, for a humanitarian assignment, things are busy. He will be over there for about 10 days helping fit people for wheelchairs and teaching other health professionals how to do it themselves.
It’s a great work to be involved in and he is very much looking forward to it because it will be such an incredible experience! However, it makes life a little bit crazy right now . . .with all these things going on, I am doing all that I can to just get dinner on the table before the sun goes down. Without my trusty slow cooker, this just wouldn’t happen!
These sandwiches are delicious and so easy to throw together. Make them on a night you know that you are going to be busy . . . you can thank me later.
Slow Cooker Cheesy BBQ Chicken Bacon Sandwiches Recipe
These sandwiches are delicious and so easy to throw together. Make them on a night you know that you are going to be busy
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces bbq sauce
- 16 ounces bacon fully cooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 rolls or buns
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and pour bottle of BBQ sauce on top of them.
- Cook on low for about 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken and set aside.
- Set oven at 425 degrees. Split onion rolls in half and lay on a large baking sheet covered in foil.
- Put some shredded BBQ chicken on the top of half of the bun. Place 2-3 strips of bacon on top of the chicken and top with a handful of shredded cheese.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place other half of bun on top of the melted cheese and serve.
Calories: 821 kcal · Carbohydrates: 24 g · Protein: 19 g · Fat: 71 g · Saturated Fat: 30 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 120 mg · Sodium: 878 mg · Potassium: 287 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 19 g · Vitamin A: 457 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 229 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Slow Cooker
- Baking Sheet
Questions & Reviews
I dont have a slow cooker.