For an easy homemade pizza, give our easy sheet pan pizza recipe a try! It is made with our homemade pizza dough recipe and it is a great recipe to customize to what you and your family like!
This easy sheet pan pizza recipe is one of those great budget-friendly dinner recipes you can make on a friday night and know everyone will enjoy it.
One thing I love about making pizza at home is that I can make the pizza with any and all the pizza toppings we want and don’t need to get charged extra for it. Plus, I tend to like my pizza extra saucy so this way I can control just how much sauce is on the pizza.
Also, sometimes I will double the recipe so I can make up four pans of pizza and make four different types of people that everyone likes to feed a crowd.
So, if you’re like me and love being in control of your pizza sauce and toppings, we have even more pizza recipes that you can try for your next pizza night! Make sure to take a look at our Homemade Pan Pizza Crust Recipe (and Pizza Night Tradition), Homemade Pizza Hut Original Deep Dish Pizza Recipe, and even some delicious Homemade Pizza Pockets Recipe!
Ingredients You Need to Make This Easy Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe:
- All-purpose flour
- Active dry yeast
- Brown sugar
- Warm water
- Olive oil
- Diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tomato paste
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Any and all pizza toppings you like!
How To Make This Easy Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe:
To begin making the pizza you will first start by making the crust.
Get out a large mixing bowl and place 2 cups of flour, the active dry yeast, salt, and brown sugar and mix it all together.
Next, pour in the water and oil, beating it all together until it is smooth. You can use a mixer with a dough hook or a wooden spatula to mix the dough.
Once all of that is in there, if the dough is still sticky add about ¼ cup of flour and mix it together. If it is still sticky, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until it is smooth and no longer sticking to your hands.
Then, turn the dough out on to a clean and floured surface and knead the dough for 5-7 minutes by hand.
Now, place the dough in a greased bowl and cover the bowl with a clean towel or plastic wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes, then preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
When the dough is resting, combine the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, olive oil, salt, basil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, and pepper in a medium sized bowl and mix it all together and set it aside.
After the dough is done resting, divide the dough in half by cutting it with a very sharp knife.
Then press the dough into two 15x10x1 inch pans or cookie sheets that have been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Then use a fork and press holes all over the dough to dock the dough.
When the oven has come to temperature, place the pan in the oven and let them bake for 12-16 minutes or until the dough is lightly browned.
Now, carefully remove the pans from the oven and spread the sauce over top of the prebaked dough.
Then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top as well as your favorite toppings.
With the toppings on, return the pans to the oven and let them continue to bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Now simply cut the pizza into squares and serve them up!
Note – these pizzas will make about 9 pieces for each pan and a serving size is about 2 pieces of pizza.
To Make Our Sheet Pan Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Medium mixing bowl
- Sheet pans
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Plastic wrap or clean kitchen towel
- Pizza cutter (We have THIS one and it works great!)
Gluten-Free Pizza Version
To make this pizza gluten-free, switch out the all-purpose flour for one of the 12 best gluten-free substitutes that Mind Body and Green suggests. And then you should be good to go!
Delicious Pizza Toppings
The nice thing about homemade pizza is the ability to essentially turn it into anything you want based on what you like! All you have to do is make sure you have the toppings ready to use.
These are a few of our favorite toppings to use for pizza:
- Bacon crumbles (think to use the leftover bacon from breakfast and chop it up!)
- Pineapple chunks
- Ground cooked sausage
- Black olives
- Chopped chicken
- Red onion
- Banana peppers
I am definitely a sucker for a good BBQ chicken pizza! For that, you won’t need pizza sauce. Just switch it out for BBQ sauce.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Delicious Sides to Serve with Pan Pizza Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- California Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- Broccoli Apple Salad Recipe
- Loaded Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Ranch Pasta Salad (Easy Side Dish) Recipe
- Mini Garlic Monkey Bread Recipe
- Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread
Pizza Inspired Dishes to Make for the Family:
- Easy Braided Pizza Loaf Recipe (with Refrigerated Pizza Dough)
- Cheesy Pizza Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Zucchini Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza Rolls Recipe
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza Recipe
- Easy Pizza Quesadillas Recipe
- Stuffed Pizza Rolls Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pizza Pasta Bake Recipe
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
Easy Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe
- 2¾-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast (¼ ounce)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces), undrained
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 package sliced pepperonis (3½ ounces)
- sliced olives
- thinly sliced green bell peppers
- other favorite pizza toppings
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, salt and brown sugar. Add water and oil; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth (about 5-7 minutes). Place dough in a bowl sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or dusted with flour. Cover bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minutes.
- While dough rests, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, oil and seasonings in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Divide dough in half; press into two 15x10x1" baking pans (cookie sheets) sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Prick dough all over with a fork. Bake at 425 degrees or until lightly browned, about 12-16 minutes.
- Spread sauce over crusts; top with cheese and favorite toppings. Bake pizza in preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Makes 2 sheet pan pizzas, cut each pizza into 9 pieces. A serving size is about 2 pieces.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- 2 Sheet Pans
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Plastic Wrap or Clean Kitchen Towel
- Pizza Cutter
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.