Our whole family loves Pizza Hut. It was always a big deal when our parents brought Pizza Hut home rather than a frozen pizza or $5 special they picked up on their way home. We recreated Pizza Hut’s Original Pan Pizza at home and it was a big hit!
Serves: 8 people
Homemade Pizza Hut Original Pan Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
We recreated Pizza Hut’s Original Pan Pizza at home and it was a big hit!
- 1⅓ cups warm water 105 degrees F
- ¼ cup non-fat dry milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 9 Tablespoons vegetable oil 3 tbsp per pan (or less as desired)
- Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large bowl. Add water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for two minutes. Add oil and stir again. Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed.
- Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Divide dough into three balls. In three 9" cake pans, put 3 Tbl. of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle. Place in cake pans.
- Spray the outer edge of dough with cooking spray. Cover with a plate. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine tomato sauce, oregano, marjoram, basil and garlic salt.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1" of edge. Distribute 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese on sauce. Place toppings of your choice in this order: pepperoni or ham, vegetables, meats (cooked ground sausage or beef). Top with 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese (or as much as you prefer). Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown (between 10-15 minutes).
Add the toppings of your choice- your favorite pizza toppings. *Toppings not included in nutritional information
Calories: 508 kcal · Carbohydrates: 54 g · Protein: 15 g · Fat: 26 g · Saturated Fat: 20 g · Cholesterol: 23 mg · Sodium: 638 mg · Potassium: 267 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 5 g · Vitamin A: 404 IU · Vitamin C: 2 mg · Calcium: 211 mg · Iron: 4 mg