One of the most popular posts on our blog is our “Dump and Go” Slow Cooker Freezer Meals. You literally assemble the necessary ingredients together in a large ziploc bag, toss it in your freezer, and then when you are ready to make it, you just dump it all into your slow cooker and dinner is done! I have been testing out some new recipes for our next freezer meal installment and this one is definitely a keeper! It’s so easy to throw together, but more importantly it’s full of flavor. My kids love it in burritos, I put it on salads, and my husband used it on nachos. Whatever floats your boat- anything goes with this chicken!
This recipe can easily be made into a freezer meal that literally takes only a couple of minutes to prepare. Check out the video below to see how easy it is!
Want more Salsa Verde?! Try our Salsa Verde Enchiladas!
How to Make Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Video(Plus 2 more recipes)
Check out our other Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces green salsa
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1 onion diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces green chilis diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts inside slow cooker.
- Dump the rest of the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 hours (if you use frozen chicken breasts, add an hour onto the cooking time).
- When done cooking, shred the chicken using two forks and mix with remaining liquid in the slow cooker.
- Serve as filling for tacos, burritos, salad, nachos - anything goes!
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Dump the contents of the bag into the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 hours (if you use frozen chicken breasts, add an hour onto the cooking time).
Shred the chicken using two forks and mix with remaining liquid in the slow cooker.
- Slow Cooker