When I was first married, I couldn’t cook very well at all. I sure wish I had this recipe back then (and I’m sure my husband did too).
I could honestly barely cook eggs without burning them, so this recipe was an answer to both his prayers, and mind.
The flavor is so rich and full, with the perfect hint of maple.
If you are new to cooking or if you don’t cook very much, then this is the recipe for you. It is so easy and inexpensive.
The flavor of this chicken is delicious, and it is so simple to make. It’s practically impossible to mess this dish up.
Could I make this with any cut of chicken?
For this recipe we call for boneless skinless chicken breasts, however, you could use any cut of chicken you have on hand. You may also need to adjust the cooking time depending on how big the chicken is, so it doesn’t burn or dry out.
You could also use this recipe and sauce on a variety of different meats. This would be delicious on:
- Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Chops
- Turkey Breast
- Roast Beef
High quality syrup:
The thing that is really going to make this dish successful is they syrup. This recipe works best when you use a high quality syrup, not a generic brand, full of extra sugars and corn syrup.
I have made this recipe using just regular syrup that was cheap and probably full of more maple flavoring than actual maple syrup. The recipe just didn’t work out as well.
We recommend spending the two extra dollars to get the good stuff, so the maple flavor is a little stronger, and bakes into the chicken nicely.
Watch how to make another delicious chicken dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
I love Chinese food, but I love staying home in my sweatpants even more. This Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken is the perfect main dish and chicken dinner for busy nights, or nights you want to stay in. Watch how simple it is to make, here:
Looking for more chicken recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Cashew Chicken and Vegetables
- Copycat PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Mom’s Chicken and Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
Man Catching Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together your Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and red wine vinegar.
- Place your chicken in a sprayed 9 by 13 pan. Pour your sauce on top of the chicken and sprinkle with dried Rosemary. Place it uncovered in your preheated oven. Let it bake for 20 minutes and then take them out and flip them over.
- Cook for another 20 minutes or until your chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Let the chicken cool for 5 minutes before serving. Spoon some extra sauce over the top when you put it on plates.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9 x 13 baking dish