This Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli can be thrown together in minutes. The finished beef is so tender it literally melts in your mouth.
Who needs takeout when you can have this for dinner?
We love Chinese food but hate how fried it is, so this Chinese Beef and Broccoli recipe is perfect because you get all the flavor without all the frying.
Looking for another slow cooker beef recipe? Slow Cooker Korean Beef Tacos
How to make Beef and Broccoli in SLOW COOKER:
- After spraying your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (or using a slow cooker liner) place your sliced beef in the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, mix beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic cloves together.
- Pour over the beef strips in the crock pot and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours (the beef will be so tender that it will fall apart when you touch it).
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and cold water.
- Mix in with the beef and liquid that is in the slow cooker.
- Add broccoli pieces to the slow cooker, put the lid back on, and cook for an additional 30 minutes on high heat.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Beef and Broccoli Recipe Substitutions:
We get a lot of questions about substitutions for this recipe. Here’s what we would recommend:
- Other cuts of meat (i.e. stew meat, steak strips, etc.)
- Olive or avocado oil in place of sesame oil (the taste will change slightly, but it will work in a pinch)
- Coconut aminos in place of soy sauce
- Hot, cooked quinoa or brown rice in place of white rice
make Chinese Beef and Broccoli ahead of time:
To prepare this beef and broccoli dish ahead of time, we would recommend letting the beef marinade in the fridge in the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic cloves the night before.
Remove when ready to cook, spray (or line) slow cooker, then dump in your slow cooker, and cook according to the directions found in step 3 of the recipe below.
To make as a freezer meal:
In a freezer-safe gallon-size ziploc bag, place beef strips, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic cloves. Seal and freeze for up to 30 days.
Before cooking, let thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours, then cook according to the directions found in step 3 of the recipe below.
To cook from frozen, add 1-2 hours cooking time.
if you like this slow cooker beef and broccoli, you’ll love our Slow cooker mongolian beef. So easy and bursting with all the delicious flavors
Other copycat takeout recipes to try:
- Cashew Chicken
- Baked Orange Chicken
- Baked Veggie Egg Rolls
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Have you checked out our YouTube Channel?