These Orange Glazed Carrots have just the right amount of sweetness and make the perfect side dish to any meal.
When it comes to holiday dinners, this is a great glazed carrots recipe to use!
I love this side dish because it can pair with just about anything, whether it’s the holidays or just a regular weeknight.
My kids love to eat it with Chicken Cordon Bleu Nuggets and I love them with our Apple Cider Rump Roast and some Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes.
What carrots to use for this glazed carrots recipe:
The best part about this recipe is that it only requires 5 ingredients.
- When making Orange Glazed Carrots, you can use baby carrots, but I prefer the taste of the big fresh carrots cut into rounds. I have found that the big fresh carrots have a sweeter taste to them, and my kids even prefer them over the baby carrots. I have tried the recipe with both kinds of carrots and either way it will still taste amazing, but I recommend using big fresh carrots rather than baby carrots.
- If you are really in a pinch and don’t have fresh or baby carrots on hand, you can also use frozen carrots. I wouldn’t recommend this, but I have tried it and they still turned out delicious. I heated them up first, then added the other ingredients. Because they didn’t cook together, the frozen carrots didn’t take up much of the orange flavor, but they were still delicious and my kids still ate the whole bowl!
The orange juice just adds a little zest, and the parsley adds a little flavor of freshness.
They both compliment each other very well.
Add a little brown sugar in there and it’s the perfect combination.
This simple five-ingredient glazed carrots recipe is both sweet and savory.
It is such a refreshing side dish, you may just want to eat it with everything.
If you are an orange zest fan like me, you need to try our Orange Pineapple Fruit Dip. Just the right amount of orange zest, and the sweet flavor of pineapple.
Picking the most flavorful and sweet carrots:
- The bigger the better. The bigger the carrot, the sweeter it will taste. It means it had more time to develop in the ground and more time for the sugars to sweeten the carrot which gives it that delicious sweet taste.
- Go for deep coloring. The deeper the color it has, the more it has ripened and developed which means it won’t be bitter. Look for the bright fully grown carrots to get the most flavor out of them. This is the same for carrot leaves as well. The brighter the carrot leaves, the better it will taste. The more wilted the leaves, the longer it had on the shelf at the store, which could take away from the quality of the taste.
- Avoid cracks and splits. If a carrot is cracking or splitting, it is drying out and won’t give you that juicy flavor you desire. Avoid carrots that have cracks or even openings in them to get that full juicy flavor.
- Firm to the touch. Avoid carrots with soft spots. Find smooth carrots that are plump and firm all the way around. If there is a soft spot, it is a sign of decay which could lead to a terrible flavor.
Looking for more side dish recipes? You will love these:
Orange Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh carrots sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Place an inch of water in a saucepan and add carrots.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Drain the water when the carrots are done cooking and set aside.
- In another saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Whisk in orange juice and brown sugar.
- Fold in carrots and parsley and stir until carrots are evenly coated in glaze.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the glaze thickens slightly.
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
You can follow us here for more easy recipes, tutorials and tips on our channel. One of our favorite dishes that go with these carrots is our Instant Pot, Pot Roast.
Be sure to check out our newest cookbook!
We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews