I can promise you that our nutella banana bread recipe is truly one of the best ways to use a ripe banana. I always have one or two left over that I am searching for a way to use before they go bad, and this is a ripe banana recipe worth making.
It is the best banana bread recipe and a great way to use nutella short of just grabbing a spoonful. Haha. The chocolatey hazelnut flavors pair wonderfully with the sweet banana flavor.
You might even be able to consider this a nutella dessert recipe, however I prefer to call it a bread recipe, because then I don’t feel bad if I eat 2-3 pieces when it’s still hot and smothered in butter.
Speaking of nutella dessert recipes. Have you tried our nutella no bake cookies, peanut butter nutella swirl cookies, or chocolate caramel nutella cookies? If not, you are missing out and need to add them to your must make list. They are sure to impress anyone you choose to share with, if you choose to share. Haha.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Nutella Banana Bread Recipe:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Mashed, ripe banana
- Skim milk
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Our Nutella Banana Bread Recipe:
Begin making this banana bread recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Then pull out your loaf pan (8×4 inch pan) and spray it with nonstick cooking spray
Now in a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt with a fork or a whisk.
In another large mixing bowl, beat the granulated sugar and softened butter together on medium speed until they are well combined.
Next add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between each egg.
Once all of the eggs have been added, put the mashed banana, milk, and vanilla extract into the sugar and egg mixture.
Beat all of that together until it is well blended. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
After the banana batter is finished, scoop the nutella into a microwave safe bowl and place it in the microwave for about 15 seconds or until it has softened.
Once the nutella is softened, add 1 cup of the banana batter to the bowl and mix it together.
Now, add about ⅔ of the banana batter to the loaf pan and spread it out.
Next add ½ of the nutella mixture on top of the banana bread batter, and then place the remaining amount of the banana batter over the nutella.
Then place the other half of the nutella mixture on top of the banana batter and then take a knife and make a few swirls in the batter. Do not over swirl or it will mix everything together.
When that is all set, place the loaf pan in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the bread is cooked through in the middle. The top may look a little undercooked because of the nutella, but that is what makes this recipe taste good.
After removing the pan from the oven, allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes.
Once the bread has cooled down a bit, turn the bread out onto a wire rack, then flip it over so it is sitting on the bottom of the loaf, and let it cool down completely.
To Make The Best Banana Bread Recipe You Will Need:
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand mixer (THIS is a great one and keeps everything together!)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Whisk or fork
Important Note For Storing Banana Bread:
After you are done enjoying your banana bread you will want to wrap it in either plastic wrap or aluminum foil. If you prefer your bread at room temperature, it will last for about 2-3 days. Or you can store it in the fridge and it will last for up to a week!
To get the most out of the bread, I’d suggest keeping the bread in the fridge and then pulling a piece of bread out a little before you want it to let it come up to room temperature if you don’t like it cold.
Or my favorite, slice it, load it up with some delicious butter, and then put it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and let the butter melt right into the banana bread.
For some great in depth freezing instructions, take a look at Simply Recipes’ blog on how to freeze banana bread.
Make this Nutella Recipe Your Own
This recipe is absolutely delicious as is, but if you want to add a little more texture to the bread, feel free to add in one of these:
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped pecans
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
What is the Secret Ingredient to These Extrememly Tasty Recipes? Nutellin Ya, Check them Out!
- Fudgy Nutella Brownies Recipe
- Frosted Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies Recipe
- Strawberry Nutella Cupcakes
- Nutella Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- Nutella Stuffed Banana Pancakes
- Nutella Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Nutella Cheesecake Recipe
There are So Many Amazing Flavors You Can Make with Banana Bread. Make Sure to Try Them Out:
- Butterscotch Banana Bread Recipe
- Lion House Banana Bread Muffins with Almond Glaze Recipe
- Coconut Banana Bread Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Pineapple Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Nutella Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups mashed ripe banana
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Nutella (heaping ¾ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, milk and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well to make the banana bread batter.
- Spoon Nutella into a small dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well. Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, it will seem a tiny bit undercooked but that's what makes it good. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Banana bread is best stored covered in plastic wrap or foil. It can sit at room temperature for 2-3 days, or refrigerated for up to a week.
- To freeze, we like to cut it into slices and individually wrap each slice in plastic wrap, then place the slices in a large, resealable ziploc freezer bag.
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Bowl
- 8×4 bread pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Electric Mixer
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.