How should i store banana bread?
Banana bread is best stored covered in plastic wrap or foil. It can sit at room temperature for 2-3 days, or refrigerated for up to a week.
To freeze, we like to cut it into slices and individually wrap each slice in plastic wrap, then place the slices in a large, resealable ziploc freezer bag.
That way, we can grab them and go when we’re on the run out the door as a quick snack or breakfast in a pinch.
can i still make this recipe even if my banana’s aren’t browned?
This recipe tastes best with ripened brown bananas. It can be a little difficult to mash them, if they are still green. The texture will be totally different if you use green or slightly green bananas, compared to ripened brown bananas.
The other reason we use ripe bananas, is because they are sweeter and the banana’s natural sugars have developed and multiplied, which will make your bread a little sweeter.
You can use non-ripe bananas, however we discourage it.
However, there are some ways you can ripen your banana a little quicker. Here is how:
- Place them in a brown paper bag overnight. Twist the top so no air gets in, and put it in a warmer place. I usually put mine on the stove top, if my oven is on. If you want to really speed up the process, put only one or two bananas in each bag.
- You can also microwave your banana for 20-30 seconds (with the peel on) then let it sit for about 20-30 minutes on the counter.
Have you heard about our new book?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
looking for more More bread recipes
Nutella Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups mashed ripe banana
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Nutella (heaping ¾ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, milk and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Spoon Nutella into a small dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well. Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, it will seem a tiny bit undercooked but that's what makes it good. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Banana bread is best stored covered in plastic wrap or foil. It can sit at room temperature for 2-3 days, or refrigerated for up to a week.
- To freeze, we like to cut it into slices and individually wrap each slice in plastic wrap, then place the slices in a large, resealable ziploc freezer bag.
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Bowl
- 8x4 bread pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Electric Mixer
have you heard about our Youtube channel?
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Skinny Banana Cookies are so yummy, and you would never even guess how healthy they are. Watch how to make them, here: