You may be thinking that Peanut Butter Banana Bread might be an interesting combo, but trust me on this one. It’s incredible!
Have you ever read the book “Weird Parents”?
I happened to come across this book when I was younger and I could totally relate to the little boy in the book.
I remember checking the book out at our school library and bringing it home to show my parents (and hoping that they would take a hint Ha ha).
I really thought that I had some of the strangest parents- my mom thinks it’s funny to sing opera at the top of her lungs (true story) and my dad does not like to wear flip flops or sandals, even in the summer time. But he has baby feet because of it. (I seriously have only seen his bare feet a handful of times in my life. Another true story).
And one other thing that I thought was especially strange: my dad would make peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Who does that? I thought that it was the oddest combination.
Flash forward a couple years and now I have children of my own.
My daughter just started kindergarten and is realizing that she kind of has weird parents.
I thought of that silly book and how I am now the weird parent.
Karma is real, people.
Over the years, I have thought about the peanut butter and banana combo and decided that it couldn’t really be all that bad.
One day I just started looking for peanut butter and banana recipes and came across some drool-worthy ones.
I’ll tell you what, peanut butter and bananas are delicious together.
I really don’t think that I will go back to my regular banana bread recipe after trying this one; it’s the perfect amount of peanut butter and banana and they compliment each other perfectly.
Maybe my parents aren’t so weird after all.
(I love you, Mom and Dad) ha ha
Related Recipe: Be sure to try our delicious Sheet Pan Healthy Banana Cake. It’s moist, delicious, and feeds a crowd.
What is the best way to store this Peanut Butter Banana Bread?
The best way to store this bread is placing it in an air tight storage container and keeping it in the fridge.
If you aren’t going to eat it all within a week, we recommend freezing it.
The best way to freeze it is placing it in an airtight storage container or gallon-sized freezer bag and putting it in the freezer.
It will last nicely in the freezer for about 2 weeks and in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
To thaw it, we recommend placing it in the fridge overnight and serving it the next day.
Pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and it will taste like it was fresh out of the oven.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Add-Ins:
This bread is delicious as is with the peanut butter chips. However if you want to try something else, here are a few add ins we highly recommend:
- M & M’s
- Butterscotch Chips
- Chocolate Chips
- Walnuts or pecans
- Cream cheese swirls
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more banana recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Cream Dessert Salad
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins
- 3 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Butterscotch Banana Bread
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your loaf pan (like an 8 x 4" pan) with shortening or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a separate large bowl stir together bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
- Pour dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy (do not over-stir).
- Fold in peanut butter chips and spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups