We eat a lot of Italian food at our house, which means we are always needing some sort of delicious side dish to go with it! We were having our 20-Minute Skillet Lasagna for dinner this week when I realized that I hadn’t planned anything to go with it. I rummaged through my pantry and found a loaf of sourdough bread and whipped up this cheesy pull apart garlic bread in just a matter of minutes. I was a little worried that it wasn’t going to work out, but my entire family raved about how good it was! I won’t tell them it was an experiment with random ingredients I had on hand. 😉
Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread Recipe
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Spread and Seasoning (I used Johnny's)
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together melted butter and garlic seasoning in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 1-inch diamonds but not cutting all the way through.
- Open each crack and drizzle in butter mixture and cheese until the entire loaf is filled.
- Drizzle any remaining butter mixture over the top of the bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, unwrap and bake for 5 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Related Recipe: If you love easy bread recipes, it doesn’t get much better than our Copycat Little Caesars Crazy Bread!