I LOVE this Frozen Peanut Butter Cloud Pie! Full disclosure: I am not a fan of pie.
Mostly just flaky pastry-like pie crust . . . it has never been my favorite. I would much rather have a piece of chocolate cake any day!
However, if you give me a creamy, frozen pie with an Oreo crust . . .
Everything changes. 🙂
This pie is the perfect treat, whether it’s a hot summer day or the middle of winter.
Everyone who has tasted it has raved about it!
So, whip one up and see what the fuss is all about! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Ingredients needed for this tasty Frozen Peanut Butter Cloud Pie Recipe:
- 25 oreo cookies
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- chocolate sauce for drizzle
How to make this Frozen Peanut Butter Cloud Pie:
- To make the crust, crush your cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs (you can also put the cookies in a gallon-sized resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin).
- Dump the cookie crumbs into a bowl and mix with melted butter.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of a 9″ pie pan, making sure to go up the sides of the pan.
- Place crust in the fridge and let chill for at least 30 minutes before adding filling.
- To make the pie filling, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together in a large bowl. Add in the peanut butter and the vanilla, then mix again.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream (I used an electric mixer) until stiff peaks start to form. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until well-combined.
- Pour peanut butter filling into the cookie crust and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Remove pie from freezer about 10 minutes before you are ready to serve it to allow it to thaw just enough that you can easily cut it.
- Top with chocolate chips and drizzle with chocolate sauce when serving.