Easy banana cream pie is a great Thanksgiving recipe to make this year! You cannot go wrong with this easy fruit pie recipe. When I say fruit pie, it makes me feel like it’s a little bit healthier for you. 😉 But, it is still a dessert.
However I do have to say that this banana cream pie recipe is the best I have ever had. It doesn’t get much simpler than this recipe, it’s a favorite pie recipe of mine to make to bring to gatherings.
I feel like it is a classic family recipe because it is something my grandma has always made during the holidays and everyone has loved it. If you have never made a banana cream pie this is the perfect recipe to start with.
Ingredients You’ll Need For This Easy Banana Cream Pie:
- Pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- Box of Jello vanilla instant pudding
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Cool Whip
How To Make This Easy Banana Cream Pie:
When you are ready to get started, in a large mixing bowl combine the vanilla pudding mix with the milk, whisking it all together and then let it sit for about 5 minutes to let the pudding set up.
After the pudding has set up, get out your premade pie crust and you will begin to assemble the pie.
Start by lining the bottom of the pie crust fully with sliced bananas.
Then, evenly spread about half of the vanilla pudding on top of the sliced bananas.
Once that is done you are going to make a layer of vanilla wafers on top of the pudding.
After the wafer layer is done, spread the rest of the pudding on top of the cookies and then layer the remaning bananas on top of the pudding.
When the last layer of bananas is finished, top it off with the Cool Whip.
Next place the pie in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to let it chill before serving.
Allow the pie 2 hours before serving to give the flavors time to come together and for the wafer to get their ideal consistency for the pie.
To Make This Banana Cream Pie Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk (THESE ones work great!)
- Cutting board
Make Your Own Crust (if you want)!
This recipe is such an awesome recipe because you can literally prepare it in less than 15 minutes before you need to let it chill in the fridge, especially if you have a premade pie crust.
But, if you don’t, that’s okay because you can always make one if you have a box of graham crackers at home! Sugar Spun Run has a wonderful easy Graham Cracker Crust recipe that you could use in place of the store bought crust.
Or if you don’t have graham crackers on hand, I bet an oreo crust would taste amazing too!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
You Know You Want a Piece of These Pies!
- The Best Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
- The Best Homemade Apple Pie Recipe (Classic Recipe)
- Peppermint Crunch Ice Cream Pie
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- Lemon Meringue Pie
Easy Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- 3 bananas sliced
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box Jello vanilla instant pudding (could also use banana cream pudding)
- 2 cups milk
- 25 vanilla wafer cookies
- 8 ounces Cool Whip frozen whipped topping
- In a large bowl, mix together vanilla pudding mix with milk. Set in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes until it sets up.
- Once your pudding has set, grab your pie crust and begin assembling your pie.
- Line the bottom of the pie crust with banana slices, then spread half of the pudding mixture on top. Place a layer of vanilla wafers on top of pudding, then add the rest of the pudding on top of the cookies. Spread the remaining banana slices on the pudding, then top with Cool Whip.
- Place pie in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving to let it set up.
- Allow the pie 2 hours before serving to give the flavors time to come together and for the wafer to get their ideal consistency for the pie.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.