Do you need a fun and easy dessert that comes together super fast? Lucky cereal bars are just what you are looking for. And if you love Lucky Charms cereal, it’s a double win!
These Lucky cereal bars are similar to Rice Krispie Treats. Even though they are so simple and easy to make, you’ll be surprised how addicting they are. Kendra made them for her college roommates and they were gone in no time at all.
The best part about this recipe is that you only need 3 ingredients. And they are all inexpensive. So you have a delicious dessert that can be made fast and it will fit into your budget.
What other cereals will work with this Lucky Cereal Bars recipe?
Lucky charms is our cereal of choice for this recipe. The marshmallows add a little sweetness and crunch. Rice Krispies cereal is also a great option.
A lot of Cheerios will also work. We like the frosted Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, and regular cheerios. The marshmallows help to sweeten it up. The cereal options are endless.
It’s fun to make these cereal bars with Count Chocula cereal at Halloween. That’s one of our favorites. It’s delicious with the chocolate flavored cereal and marshmallows.
How to store Lucky Charms cereal bars?
Lucky cereal bars are so easy to store. That is if you are lucky enough to have any leftovers. Just place them in an airtight container and they should be fine for 2 days. You could place them in the fridge.
If you want to freeze them, place them in an airtight container with wax paper in between the layers. This prevents them from sticking together. They freeze well for up to 6 weeks.
How to make Cereal bars:
We love Lucky Charms cereal. When we were kids we would always pick out all of the yummy marshmallows and add them to our cereal bowl. It seems like they never added enough to the box.
Did you know you can buy Lucky Charms marshmallows on Amazon? They come in a big bag of just marshmallows! No more picking them out of the box.
Now you can load in extra marshmallows into your breakfast bowl, or even add more to these Lucky cereal bars. WIN! Or better yet, just eat them plain.
Just a few simple ingredients to make these Lucky Cereal Bars. 3 ingredients to be exact.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Measure out the Lucky Charms cereal and place in a big bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium/low heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir until all are melted.
- Gently fold in the cereal until they are completely coated with marshmallow.
- Using a rubber spatula or your fingers, press gently into the prepared pan. It works best to spray your fingertips with Pam and spread the mixture into the pan.
- We like to reserve a few of the marshmallows from the cereal to place on top of the finished bars.
- Let them set for about 30 minutes. Then slice and serve.
Helpful items used for Lucky Cereal bars:
- 9 x 13 Inch Glass Baking Dish – This baking dish comes with a lid.
- Mixing Bowl – A great mixing bowl with a non skid bottom.
- Non Stick Stock Pot – This pot can be used for so many recipes. We love the glass lid.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—–CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
We have more no-bake desserts for you:
Check out some of our favorite desserts
- No Bake Scotcheroo Bars
- No Bake Pretzel Caramel Clusters
- No Bake Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- No Bake Thin Mint Cookies
- No Bake Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
Lucky Cereal Bars Recipe
- 6 cups Lucky Charms Cereal
- ½ cup butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows 1 package
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Measure out the Lucky Charms and place in a big bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large pot or saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until all are melted.
- Gently fold in the cereal until it is completely coated with marshmallow.
- Using a rubber spatula or your fingers, press gently into the prepared pan. Spray your fingertips with non stick cooking spray and it will be easier to spread around.
- We like to reserve a few of the cereal marshmallows for the top of the bars.
- Let set up for about 30 minutes. Slice and serve.
- 9×13 Inch Baking Dish
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Saucepan
- Rubber spatula
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how to make these easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Truffles.