Summer is right around the corner, or at least I’m telling myself that in this 60 degree weather. I am loving the sunshine that seems to improve just about everybody’s moods. Maybe it’s just me, but when I’m in a good mood I am usually also in the mood for chocolate. I decided to take a lighter route to one of my favorite flavors and whipped up these coconut bars!
I used sweetened coconut, but if you’re wanting an even “lighter” recipe, raw coconut works too! You can also substitute the dark chocolate for milk, or semi-sweet.
Related Recipe: Be sure to try these delicious No Bake Chubby Hubby Clusters. A quick and easy dessert.
Skinny No Bake Coconut Bars Recipe
- 2½ cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together coconut, oil, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
- Spread mixture in a 9x9" baking dish.
- Freeze until coconut oil has set and bars harden, about 30 minutes
- Melt chocolate until smooth and pour over coconut.
- Return to the freezer for 30 minutes or until chocolate has set up.
- Cut into bars and serve.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x9-inch baking pan