what could i serve with this recipe?
Side dishes are the most tricky part of dinner to me. I am always exhausted after making the main dish, and now they want side dishes? However, we have a few simple dishes that would pair perfectly with this Korean dish.
Here are a few we recommend:
- Cauliflower Fried Rice (you could replace this with the rice, or serve it as a side)
- Baked Avocado Egg Rolls
- Baked Veggie Egg Rolls
- Ramen Noodle Oriental Salad
- Baked Crab Ragoons
- Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein
- 5 Cup Creamy Fruit Salad
- Island Fruit Salad
- Grilled Caramelized Brown Sugar Pineapple
what vegetables could i use instead of broccoli?
This recipe really is so yummy with broccoli, and you really can’t taste the broccoli all that well, because the sauce is strong and tastes delicious.
However, I get that some people see broccoli and just can eat it. If you are looking to replace the broccoli with another vegetable, here is what we recommend:
- zucchini squash
- green beans
- stir fry mixture
- yellow squash
Really any vegetable would work but that is what we recommend. It will taste yummy with any veggie.
I am all about shortcuts and using this steamed broccoli is my go to. It takes minutes to cook, and I don’t have to check up on it.
I love this recipe with chicken, but you could also use pork as well.
To serve, I usually remove it from the pan and put it in a big bowl like this, to allow everyone to serve and scoop themselves.
I love this over rice, but you could also use brown rice, chow mein noodles or quinoa. You could also serve it without any rice.
Related recipe: Love korean dishes? You’ll love our Korean Beef and Rice, too.
looking for more asian inspired dishes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Asian Teriyaki Chicken and Stir Fry Veggies
- Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
- Orange Chicken Wraps
- Korean Beef and Rice
- Sesame Asian Steak Skewers
- Ramen Noodle Oriental Chicken Salad
Korean BBQ Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds optional garnish
- 2 cups broccoli chopped and steamed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and spread out in a single layer in a 9 X 13 inch pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (you could also use a 9x9" baking pan.)
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, water, onion powder, garlic, and ground ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and whisk in lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture over chicken. Cover pan with foil and bake for about 35 minutes, stirring halfway through to make sure chicken is evenly covered with sauce.
- When finished cooking, drain some of the leftover juices into a saucepan. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and heat up juices to make a sauce. If desired, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch to the juices to make a thicker sauce (completely optional, but I love when the sauce is a little thicker).
- Add steamed broccoli to chicken in the pan and mix gently.
- Put chicken/broccoli mixture over cooked rice and drizzle thickened sauce over the top. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- (This also works great with pork!!)
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!