We are big BBQ chicken lovers around here. I thought I would create a BBQ chicken recipe that even my picky 3 year old would go for.
We all devoured them so quickly and my little guy loved them.
My husband and I loved them too. I dipped mine in a little extra bbq sauce, and my husband dipped his in some ranch.
The combination was amazing. They are so simple to make, inexpensive, and fun for kids.
Your whole family will love these cute and delicious BBQ Chicken Taquitos. They are easy to eat, make, and eat more than a recommended serving size (they are just that good).
HOW TO MAKE BBQ CHICKEN TAQUITOS
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Step 2: In a large pan, warm olive oil over medium heat.
Step 3: Saute onion in oil until soft. Add shredded chicken and BBQ sauce to pan and combine.
Step 4: Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and mozzarella cheese.
Step 5: Spread chicken mixture evenly between 10 tortillas.
Step 6: Roll up and place seam side down on a greased cookie sheet. Spray the tops of taquitos with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 7: Cook for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Can you turn these Baked BBQ Chicken Taquitos into a freezer meal?
Yes, this recipe will most definitely work as a freezer meal. I love making these a week or three in advance and having them ready for a really busy night.
When we are ready for dinner, I place them in the oven at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, and they are ready to go.
You could also microwave them if you are in a hurry, but I prefer the oven because I feel like they have more crunch to them, and don’t get soggy from the moisture in the microwave.
Related Recipe: Looking for more Taquitos?! Try these Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Taquitos!
Looking for another easy dinner idea?
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
Each recipe is tried and true, and so you know even your picky eaters, will like it.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Watch how to make another quick and easy dinner, Instant Pot Enchilada Chicken and Rice Bowls, here:
Looking for more quick dinner recipes?
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Roll Ups
- Avocado Chicken Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Tostadas
- Tex Mex Ground Turkey and Rice Skillet
- Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos
- Baked Beef Taquitos
Baked BBQ Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 20 ounces BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pan, warm olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion in oil until soft. Add shredded chicken and BBQ sauce to pan and combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and mozzarella cheese.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly between 10 tortillas.
- Roll up and place seam side down on a greased cookie sheet. Spray the tops of taquitos with nonstick cooking spray.
- large pan
- Cookie Sheet
- nonstick cooking spray