Nothing quite compares to a long day of the summer sun and swimming, followed by a deliciously grilled meal. I think summer is my favorite season just because of the food.
I made these Sesame Asian Steak Skewers the other night for dinner, and we are having them again this week, because they were just that good.
They were so easy to make and the marinade will have you drooling over this steak. The marinade makes all the difference.
Making the marinade
Making the marinade is simple and it only requires a few ingredients. It requires soy sauce, oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, water, green onions, minced garlic and that’s it!
If you are in a time crunch, Kroger has your back. They sell pre-made marinades that would taste just as good. My personal favorite is the Kroger Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce
These Asian Steak Skewers would go great with any cut of steak, but we recommend a strip steak or a sirloin steak. For the best flavor results, we also recommend cutting your steak into bite size pieces before marinating so the steak can soak up all that flavor.
SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE… YOU DESERVE IT
Every year I tell myself that life will slow down in the summer and every year, life seems to only speed up.
With kids out of school, summer barbecues and swim days every week, all while trying to work and keep the house clean, my sanity and life is close to impossible most days.
Whenever one of the sisters finds a shortcut or something that helps busy moms, we like to share it with each other.
Not only is ClickList a blessing, but you can put together recipes and shopping lists, look at coupons and sale items, order your prescriptions,view the weekly ad, and just about anything you need when it comes to groceries and goods.
looking for Side dishes to serve with these kabobs?
Sesame Steak Asian Skewers Recipe
- 3 pounds steak (I used New York Strip Steak)
- ¾ cup Kroger lite soy sauce
- ¼ cup Kroger apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Kroger clover honey bear honey
- ¼ cup Kroger canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bundle green onions thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 red onion sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon private selection sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Cut the steak into bite size pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, honey, canola oil, minced garlic, water and 3/4 of the sliced green onions.
- Whisk until all the ingredients are combined, then add the steak pieces.
- Let the steak marinate for at least an hour. We prefer to let it marinate over night.
- If using wooden skewers, before sliding on your steak and vegetables, be sure the skewers soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes to avoid burning or breaking.
- Slide your steak pieces, red onion and red pepper slices onto the skewers, leaving about and inch and a half on each end for rotating on the grill.
- Place your skewers on the grill (pre-heated to about 300 degrees F) and rotate them every one to two minutes until they have reached your desired meat preference (I like my steak cooked medium and it took about 6-7 minutes to cook).
- Remove from grill and garnish with the 1/3 of preserved green onions and the sesame seeds.
- Serve warm!
- These Asian Steak Skewers would go great with any cut of steak, but we recommend a strip steak or a sirloin steak. For the best flavor results, we also recommend cutting your steak into bite size pieces before marinating so the steak can soak up all that flavor.
- Wooden Skewers
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!