Our family is huge on Chinese food; but I’m sure it’s probably not the best thing to eat everyday. When I came across this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try. I now prefer this over Chinese restaurants. It tastes so clean and fresh, and I even like the taste more! Enjoy your stay at home Chinese!
Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein
- 1 spaghetti squash
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 cups shredded cabbage coleslaw
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, place about 1/2 inch of water, and place spaghetti squash in the pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Cook for about 1 hour or until the squash shell is soft.
- After it is cooked, scoop out the seeds. With a fork, shred out the spaghetti squash.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, place coconut oil, garlic, onion, celery and coleslaw in pan.
- Saute until the onions go soft and almost clear.
- Add the shredded spaghetti squash, sugar, pepper, salt, and soy sauce and mix until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Saute for about 3 more minutes and remove from heat.Serve warm.