Growing up, I was never a huge fan of tenderloins. I always thought they were dry and lacked flavor. Then I went to college, and my roommate made us a pork tenderloin one Sunday, and I was blown away by how flavorful and tender it was.
Ever since then, I have been taking her tips on how to make a tender and juicy tenderloin, and now it is one of my favorite foods.
My husband also is a big fan of this one.
This recipe is so easy to make, but tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen. This pork loin is so moist and flavorful that all your dinner guests will want seconds.
Could I make this recipe using pork chops?
We have only made this recipe using pork tenderloin, however, you could easily make this recipe using pork chops.
You will definitely need to adjust the cooking time, and they probably won’t be as tender or juicy, just because of the cut of meat.
We highly recommend using a pork tenderloin, but if you are looking to change up your regular pork chops, this would also work.
Does the rosemary need to be fresh?
For this recipe, we used fresh rosemary. It just has a stronger flavor and to it, and it will really cook nicely into your pork tenderloin.
We highly recommend using fresh rosemary, but dried would also work, it will just be a more subtle taste.
Would cinnamon applesauce work?
This recipe calls for 1 cup of applesauce. I have only made this using plain applesauce, but it would work nicely with cinnamon apple sauce.
The flavor will pair nicely with the meat, as well as the honey. Either applesauce would work great. We don’t really recommend fruity applesauces such as strawberry or peach apple sauce, just because that flavor with mess with it a little more, but cinnamon should work great.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more pork tenderloin recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Maple Pecan Pork Tenderloin
- Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Orange Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Applesauce Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Maple Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin
Applesauce Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown roast on all sides in skillet.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine applesauce, brown sugar, mustard, and honey and spread over roast.
- Top with rosemary and bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes (or until a thermometer inserted in tenderloin registers 155°).
- Large Skillet
- roasting pan