I had forgotten about this recipe, until Camille reminded me that we would have it all the time growing up! I love casseroles because they are so easy to make and taste wonderful! I love that this recipe is a side and main dish in one. Doesn’t get much better than that!
Pork Chops and Hash Browns Casserole Recipe
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- seasoned salt, to taste
- 10.5 ounces cream of celery soup 1 can
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 32 ounces Frozen Hashbrowns 1 bag
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 6 ounces French fried onions 1 container
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown pork chops in vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, milk, sour cream, pepper, melted butter, garlic powder, frozen hash browns, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and half the container of french fried onions.
- Spoon mixture into a 9 x 13 inch dish and rest pork chops on top.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and onions and baked uncovered for 5 additional minutes.
- Frying pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan