Instant Pot BBQ chicken chili is a great easy dinner recipe that you can make up with little to no preparation since most of what you need will already be in your pantry!
There are not many steps to make this so you do not have to take much time out of your evening to prepare this recipe. Perfect for those super hectic weekday nights where you just need something easy, but tasty!
After you throw everything into the Instant Pot, just let it do its things and come back when it beeps! Or you can make up some sides while the Instant Pot does the cooking for you.
Ingredients Needed For This Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Chili Recipe:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Diced carrots
- Diced green bell pepper
- Diced red bell pepper
- Minced garlic cloves
- BBQ sauce
- Cannellini beans
- Pinto beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Green chiles
- Liquid smoke
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Ground pepper
- Chicken broth
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How To Make This Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Chili Recipe:
Making this recipe is super simple.
Throw all the ingredients except for the cheese into the Instant Pot.
Now just place the lid on the Instant Pot turn the valve to the SEALING position and press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 20 minutes.
NOTE: Make sure to remember that you will need an extra 10-15 minutes to allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure before it starts the timer.
Once the timer finishes, let the Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes (AKA do nothing).
Then, after 10 minutes, move the valve to the VENTING position and release any of the remaining pressure from the Instant Pot.
After the pressure is out, remove the lid from the Instant Pot and stir all of the ingredients together.
Now simply ladle the soup into your bowls and top it off with some sharp cheddar cheese!
To Make This Pressure Cooker Soup Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Cute soup bowl (THESE are optional but I just love them)
“I have so much time!” -No mom ever
Know Your Beans
There are quite a few different beans that you can use to make chili and it seems like all of the different recipes vary from one to the next on which ones they choose to use in their recipe. We even mix it up from time to time.
Plus let’s be real, sometimes it is just whatever is in the pantry, and that works too!
If you want to know what beans you should be using in your chili recipes, take a look at the compilation The Food Guy did in this article about The Best Beans For Chili.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Want More Soup Recipes? Try Our Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes to Make!
- Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Ravioli Lasagna Soup Recipe
- EASY Instant Pot Seven Can Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 15 ounces cannellini beans drained, rinsed
- 15 ounces pinto beans drained, rinsed
- 14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 ounces green chiles
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 15 ¼ ounces canned corn undrained
- ½ cup sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot.
- Place lid on pot and press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set timer for 20 minutes.
- Allow 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before it starts the countdown cook timer.
- Once it is finished cooking, let the Instant Pot do a natural release of the pressure for 10 minutes, then move the valve to VENTING to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and stir, breaking up chicken.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with sharp cheddar shredded cheese.
- Instant Pot (or Pressure Cooker)
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.