Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup, what an interesting name right?! Is it actually served at weddings? It might be! But for ours, the “wedding” part refers to the Italian flavors being put together perfectly that they all marry together forming the perfect flavor.
You can make this easy family dinner recipe right in the Instant Pot. Our pressure cooker soup recipe is one of our more popular recipes!
This meatball soup in the Instant Pot can be put together in minutes and done in less than an hour! But, don’t worry you will not be missing that wonderful flavor that normally develops during the day while making soup.
Ingredients Needed For This Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup:
- Olive oil
- Sliced carrots
- Sliced celery
- Diced red onion
- Minced garlic
- Dried parsley
- Dried basil
- Ground pepper
- Dried dill
- Chicken broth
- Italian meatballs
- Acini di pepe pasta, uncooked
- Fresh baby spinach
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
How To Make This Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup:
Begin by turning your Instant Pot on and pressing the SAUTE button.
Add the olive oil into the bottom of the inner pot and allow it to heat up.
Then, add in the sliced carrots, sliced celery, and diced onion and saute them for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables become tender.
Once the vegetables are tender, add in the minced garlic and allow it all to saute for another 30 seconds.
Now, add in the dried parsley, dried basil, salt, pepper, dried dill, and chicken broth to the inner pot and mix everything together.
Next, add the frozen meatballs into the Instant Pot and press the CANCEL button to turn off the saute.
Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 7 minutes. Make sure to turn the valve on top to the SEALING position.
Once the timer goes off, turn the valve to the VENTING position to do a quick release of the pressure inside the Instant Pot.
Now, take the lid off and add the pasta and chopped baby spinach to the pot, and place the lid back on the Instant Pot and turn the valve back to the SEALING position.
Press the MANUAL or PRESSURE cook button again and set the timer for another 3 minutes.
When the timer goes off this time, do another quick release of the pressure and turn the valve to the VENTING position.
Once all the pressure is out, remove the lid from the Instant pot and use a ladle to serve the Italian soup, and top it with Parmesan cheese!
Related recipe: if you love this recipe, you’ll love our Instant Pot Italian Meatballs.
Italian soup recipe with frozen meatballs necessities:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Soup bowls
Looking for more Instant Pot soup recipes? Click here for our top 100 Instant Pot Soups, Chilis, and Stew recipes!
What Is Acini Di Pepe Pasta?
With so many varieties of pasta out there, it can be hard to know what each is, especially when you only use it only a few times a year. Well, acini di pepe pasta is one of those that if you don’t with it often you might not know what it even looks like. Take a look at the Gourmet Gleuth’s article about acini di pepe pasta and find out what you can substitute it with if you can’t find it in the grocery store.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
If You Need More Easy Instant Pot Recipes, Try Our Soup Recipes!
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Ravioli Lasagna Soup Recipe
- EASY Instant Pot Seven Can Tortilla Soup (Perfect for Beginners)
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot Dump and Go Meatball Soup
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups carrots sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- ½ red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 18 ounces frozen meatballs Italian style
- ½ cup acini de pepe pasta uncooked
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Turn on Instant Pot and press SAUTE button.
- Add the olive oil to the bottom of the pot and let it heat up.
- Add in carrots, celery, and onion. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds more.
- Add in parsley, basil, salt, pepper, dill, and broth
- Add the frozen meatballs to the pot. Place lid on pot and press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set timer for 7 minutes. Allow 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before it starts the countdown cook timer.
- Once it is finished cooking, do a quick release of the pressure. Remove the lid and add in pasta and baby spinach. Place the lid back on and press MANUAL or (PRESSURE COOK) and set timer for 3 minutes. Allow 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before it starts the countdown cook timer.
- Once it is finished cooking, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
- Instant Pot
This post was included in our 10 of the EASIEST Weeknight Meals video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.