Every time I go to restaurants and they ask you soup or salad, most of the time (shhh don’t tell) I opt for soup, ESPECIALLY if they have minestrone soup.
It is one of my all-time favorites and this recipe is no exception!
You get all of the good things (protein and vegetables), plus a lot of flavor!
I don’t even feel like I am eating healthy, and neither do my kids. That’s a silver lining all in itself, my kids love this Instant Pot soup recipe.
I also love to make this up because it is an easy Instant Pot soup recipe to make up.
If you are looking for another Instant Pot soup to try, check out our Instant Pot Creamy Wild Rice Soup.
You could even turn this into a dump and go recipe if the beef and onions are already cooked. Talk about a fast weeknight dinner!
Also, with a little delicious twist on a classic, our Instant Pot Bacon Tomato Bisque Soup is another crowd favorite.
Everything you need to make this fantastic family dinner recipe is right here:
Healthy Instant Pot recipe ingredients:
- Hamburger meat (ground beef)
- Diced onion
- Diced zucchini
- Sliced celery
- Russet potatoes
- Sliced carrots
- Minced garlic
- Diced tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- Tomato juice
- Dark red kidney beans
- Cannellini Beans
- Cut green beans (can)
- Ditalini pasta
- Beef broth
Items needed to prepare and serve the Instant Pot minestrone soup:
- Instant Pot (THIS one has great features)
- Cutting board (I love THESE easy to use and pop in the dishwasher!)
LOVE EATING OUT? THEN YOU’LL LOVE THIS:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
How to make Instant Pot Minestrone Soup:
Before we begin, make sure to have all of your veggies cut up and ready to go! As well as all of the dark red kidney beans and cannellini bean drained and rinsed.
Once all of that is completed get out your Instant Pot, plug it in and press the “SAUTE” button.
You are going to put the hamburger meat into the Instant Pot and brown the meat for 2 minutes. Then, add in the chopped onion and finish browning the meat along with the onions.
After the hamburger is fully cooked, you need to get out your colander or strainer and drain the grease well.
Once that is done, return the meat and onions to the Instant Pot along with adding in the zucchini and celery.
Then add in potatoes and carrots, On top of all of that, pour in the diced tomatoes WITH THE LIQUID, as well as the minced garlic. At this point, the Instant Pot is still on saute so the liquid is needed from the can of tomatoes.
Next, add in the Italian seasoning, tomato juice, kidney beans, cannellini beans, and the can of drained green beans.
Stir everything together carefully as the Instant Pot will be pretty full.
Then, add in the pasta and the 2 cups of beef broth, and stir everything one last time.
Now, place the lid on and turn it to lock it into place. Also, make sure the valve on the top is in the “SEALING” position.
Press the “CANCEL” button to turn off the “SAUTE” function and then press the “MANUAL” or “PRESSURE COOK” button. Put the timer for 6 minutes.
After the timer runs out, let it naturally release for 10 minutes (aka let it sit there). Then, once 10 minutes is up, turn the valve to the “VENTING” position allowing the remaining pressure to release.
Once the pin drops to indicate that all of the pressure has been released, remove the lid and stir everything again, gently.
Now, add the remaining 2 cups of beef broth until you get the consistency that you link and then add in the salt and pepper to taste.
If you want to add a side to this amazing minestrone soup, why not try out these delicious looking copycat Olive Garden breadsticks by Handle the Heat, to finish the meal off and make you feel like you’re actually at Olive Garden!
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
Cook the ground beef and onion and place in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag or other freezer-safe container.
Dump in the zucchini, celery, potatoes, carrots, garlic, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, tomato juice, all the beans, and pasta.
Let the bag cool down (if still hot from the cooked ground beef). Place in the freezer for up to 90 days.
When ready to eat, remove bag from the frozen soup (if it won’t come out, run the bag under hot water so that you can remove/peel off the frozen bag).
Place the frozen soup into your Instant Pot (if it froze in a shape that won’t fit into your Instant Pot, you may need to defrost it for a few minutes or break it into pieces to make it fit).
Add 2 cups beef broth your Instant Pot.
Place the lid on the top of the Instant Pot. Move the valve to SEALING (not venting).
Press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 7 minutes.
When the timer is finished, let the soup do a natural release (this will take about 20 minutes).
Remove the lid and add up to 2 more cups of beef broth (depending on the consistency you like). Add salt and pepper to taste.
TRY OUR OTHER INSTANT POT SOUPS!
- INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP
- INSTANT POT WILD RICE SOUP
- INSTANT POT CREAMY CHICKEN SOUP
- INSTANT POT BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
- INSTANT POT LASAGNA SOUP
Instant Pot Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 onion diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 3 russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can, do not drain
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 ounces cannellini beans 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 ounces cut green beans 1 can, drained
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 4 cups beef broth divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add ground hamburger into the instant pot and push the SAUTE button. Brown the hamburger for 2 minutes and then add in the chopped onion. Finish cooking the hamburger and onion together until the meat is cooked through. Drain the grease well.
- Add in zucchini, celery, potatoes, and carrots and stir into the meat mixture.
- Then add in the garlic and tomatoes with liquid. The instant pot is still on SAUTE, so you will need the liquid from the tomatoes.
- Next add in the Italian Seasoning, tomato juice, kidney beans, cannellini beans, and green beans. Stir together gently because the instant pot is getting full.
- Add in the pasta and 2 cups of beef broth. Then give the soup another gentle stir.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and place the valve to SEALING.
- Push CANCEL to end the saute cooking. Then push MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK. Set the cook time for 6 minutes.
- When cook time is done, let it set for about 10 minutes for a natural release. Then turn the valve to VENTING for the remainder of the pressure to release.
- When it is done venting, remove the lid and stir gently.
- Add 2 more cups of beef broth for the soup consistency you like.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Instant Pot
- Wooden Spoon
Be sure to not miss another recipe!