When I make a recipe, I usually photograph it as soon as possible. My dinner recipes are usually photographed a couple of minutes before we are about to sit down for dinner.
However, dessert recipes that are baked usually don’t photograph that well when they are fresh out of the oven. They need a little time to cool down and set up.
Well, on this particular day, these cookies weren’t ready to photograph before the sun went down, so I put them in a container and asked my family to please not eat them until I had photographed them.
The next morning, I came downstairs to find that there were only 7 cookies left. 7 COOKIES.
No one would fess up to the crime and there is no use crying over spilled milk, so I decided to make due with what I had left and try and get a good picture.
Well, as I was figuring out how to photograph them, I noticed that two cookies had BITES missing from them.
Only one person in our family has a mouth that small and she has recently learned how to climb up on our counter.
It’s a good thing that she’s cute. That’s all I have to say.
So, the picture that you see of these Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookies consists of 7 cookies- the only 7 that remained. The two cookies in the back have little bites missing out of them. Oh, the secrets of food photography.
As soon as I was done photographing them, one of my older kids yelled, “Mom’s done photographing the cookies!” and just like that, all 7 of them were gone.
So, that’s how you know these cookies are amazing. You should make them. Immediately.
do i need to remove any excess zucchini juice?
We didn’t remove any zucchini juice, or sop up any of the extra liquid off them. We just threw it all together and it turned the cookies moist, but they were absolutely perfect. You will love these cookies.
watch how to make another zucchini favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Zoodle Spaghetti Salad, is healthy, delicious, feeds a crowd, and is so easy to make. Watch how to make it, here:
Looking for more zucchini recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Chicken Zucchini Casserole
- Cheesy Zucchini Sticks
- Iced Zucchini Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- Carrot and Zucchini Bars
Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 11 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate, I bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray or use non-stick silicone baking mat .
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; stir until combined. Fold in zucchini and mix, then add chocolate chips. Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to wire racks.
- We didn’t remove any zucchini juice, or sop up any of the extra liquid off them. We just threw it all together and it turned the cookies moist, but they were absolutely perfect.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
Recipe slightly adapted from AllRecipes.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!