If you asked me my favorite dessert, I would tell you Chili’s Molten Lava Cake without any hesitation! I don’t know if anything gets better than moist chocolate cake with a gooey center topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate shell topping. Seriously, it is perfection! You’ll be shocked how easy this recipe is to make!
So, we love this recipe so much. You can bake them and then when they have cooled, put them into freezer Ziploc bags and stack them in your freezer.
When you are ready for a delicious dessert, just pull them out of the freezer and thaw at room temp for about an hour.
Here is the recipe for Chili’s Molten Hot Fudge Molten Lava Cakes that make 12 cakes at a time. This is the recipe our mom used when making hundreds for a wedding reception. They are moist and so delicious and use a cake mix.
Tips when making molten hot lava cakes:
- If you don’t have oven safe bowls, you can get some Pyrex bowls HERE. You can also use a muffin tin, but instead of making 4, it will make 6 smaller ones.
- I would suggest buying Nestle, or Kroger Milk Chocolate Chips. They just tend to melt better in the microwave.
- Make sure you spray the bowls well with non stick spray, so they will come out easier.
- Bake on a cookie sheet. This is important just in case it goes over the edge! Then it will be on your cookie sheet instead of burning on the bottom of your oven.
- When it is done, don’t let it cool for too long! Remember, you want to eat them HOT and Gooey! (well, at least I do!)
Love Copycat recipes?
Looking for more of Six Sisters’ Stuff Copy Cat recipes? Find our favorites here: