If you asked me my favorite dessert, I would tell you Chili’s Molten Lava Cake without any hesitation! I don’t know if anything gets better than moist chocolate cake with a gooey center topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate shell topping. Seriously, it is perfection! You’ll be shocked how easy this recipe is to make!
So, we love this recipe so much that my Mom actually made 100’s of these to serve at Elyse’s Wedding Reception. When they cooled, she put them into freezer ziplock bags and stacked them in our huge freezer.
Needless to say, that wedding reception food was by far my favorite food out of all of my sisters’ weddings!
Tips when making molten hot lava cakes:
- If you don’t have oven safe bowls, you can get some Pyrex bowls HERE. My Mom also used a muffin tin, but instead of making 4, she made 6 smaller ones.
- I would suggest buying Nestle, or Kroger Milk Chocolate Chips. They just tend to melt better in the microwave.
- Make sure you spray the bowls well with non stick spray, so they will come out easier.
- Bake on a cookie sheet. This is important just in case it goes over the edge! Then it will be on your cookie sheet instead of burning on the bottom of your oven.
- When it is done, don’t let it cool for too long! Remember, you want to eat them HOT and Gooey! (well, at least I do!)
Want to see how we made them? Watch How to Make Molten Hot Lava Cakes (VIDEO)
Love Copycat recipes? Pre-order our NEW Copy Cat Cookbook. If you order before Aug 30th 2018 you can get 2 FREE E-cookbooks! Find out more HERE
Looking for more of Six Sisters’ Stuff Copy Cat recipes? Find our favorites here: