I don’t mess around when it comes to cookies, especially peanut butter cookies.
As good as all of those are, sometimes you just crave a soft, chewy peanut butter cookie.
This recipe is my go-to Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe because they come out absolutely perfect every single time. Every time I make these cookies, people always tell me they are the BEST Peanut Butter Cookies they’ve ever tried.
Another recipe to try: Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Cookies (oh my goodness – they are amazing!)
How To Make the Best Peanut Butter Cookies:
You probably think cookies that taste this good will be pretty complicated, but they are so easy to make and are absolutely fool proof!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugars and peanut butter.
Add eggs, flour, baking soda and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
I like to roll these cookies by hand, so if you feel like your dough is too sticky to roll with your hands, add a little more flour and mix until well combined.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll in additional sugar, and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Use a fork to make a criss-cross design on top.
Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COOKBOOK
There’s always something to celebrate! This cookbook is the ultimate go-to guide for celebrating every holiday and creating memories with the people you love.
Celebrate every season with us! Our cookbook, Celebrate Every Season, is filled with 150+ recipes, traditions and fun ideas for each month of the year.
We hope you make priceless memories with your family as you celebrate every season with this cookbook!
Order your copy here → Six Sisters’ Stuff Celebrate Every Season
THE BEST COOKIE RECIPES:
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients:
These cookies can easily be adapted to your taste and preference. Try adding more flavor with these optional ingredients:
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips
- coarsely chopped peanut butter cups
- chopped peanuts
- coarsely chopped pretzels
Cookie tips & tricks:
- For softer peanut butter cookies, don’t flatten them with the fork. They will be puffier and softer.
- For crispier peanut butter cookies, use a fork to flatten the dough balls.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes before rolling into balls for a chewier peanut butter cookie.
- To soften your butter, you can set it at room temperature for at least an hour or put it in the microwave on defrost for four seconds at a time, just until it’s soft.
Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugars and peanut butter.
- Add eggs, flour, baking soda and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll in additional sugar, place on ungreased cookie sheet and use a fork to make a criss-cross design on top.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.