My local grocery store was having an awesome sale on zucchini last week, so I stocked up before planning what to do with it!
Some of my favorite recipes are the ones that include zucchini, like our Chocolate Zucchini Bread and Chocolate Zucchini Cake. You can’t taste the zucchini but it makes everything so moist and delicious! These muffins are no exception. My kids loved them!
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and oil. Add cocoa, vanilla, zucchini and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before serving
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Tin