What could I use instead of peanut butter chips?
This recipe is absolutely delicious with the peanut butter chips, especially if you are a chocolate and peanut butter lover.
However, you could easily take them out and replace them if you have allergies, or would prefer something different.
Here are a few substitutes we recommend using if you choose to not use the peanut butter chips:
- Andes Mints (chopped up into small bits)
- Mini M&M’s (or regular sized M&M’s)
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips (we also like to combine the two chocolate chips and give them extra sweetness).
- Nuts (I love these with pecans)
Or if you don’t have peanut butter chips on hand, but still want a peanut butter taste, here is what we recommend:
- Peanut Butter M&M’s (chopped into small bits)
- Reese’s Pieces
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (chopped into small bits)
- Melted Peanut Butter Drizzle on Top (I melt some peanut butter and drizzle it on the cookies after they are baked and cooled. Absolutely delicious.)
Watch How To Make Another Favorite cookie recipe, Here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Snickerdoodles are delicious as is, but have you ever tried Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies. I’m telling you right now, they will change your life for the better. Watch how simple they are to make, here:
Looking for more Chocolate desserts? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Copycat Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips Reese's
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until combined. Fold in peanut butter chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet