This broccoli salad recipe is our absolute favorite! We have tweaked it a few times to get it just right. It’s so easy to make and a great salad to serve year round. It shows up at summer BBQ’s as well as our Christmas parties! We know you will like this one!
We love all of the fresh produce and veggies in this salad. After you get all of the vegetables cut up and crumble the bacon, the rest of the salad comes together quickly. After mixing all of the veggies and bacon together, place in the fridge while you make the dressing.
The dressing that you pour over this salad is so easy to make. It adds just the right amount of sweetness to the broccoli salad. In a medium sized bowl combine the mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sugar, and salt.
Whisk or stir together well until all the sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate for about 1 hour before pouring over the broccoli salad to let all of the flavors meld together.
Remove from fridge and pour the dressing over the salad. Combine the salad and dressing until all veggies are coated with the sweet dressing. Serve immediately or let it sit in the fridge until ready to serve.
We are so surprised when we serve this broccoli salad at family parties, and the kids enjoy eating it because they like some of the ingredients they can see – mostly the craisins and shredded cheese.
Often they are more apt to eat the recipes they help prepare. So get the kids involved with this broccoli salad and it will disappear quickly.
Looking for more great salad recipes? Check these out:
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh broccoli (chopped into small florets)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 strip bacon (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup craisins
Broccoli Salad Dressing:
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, onion, and shredded cheese.
- Then add in bacon, sunflower seeds, and Craisins.
- Put salad in refrigerator while making the salad dressing below.
- Mix the mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sugar, and salt together. Stir until the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Chill dressing for at least one hour before tossing with the salad. (You don't need to wait one hour, but the flavors combine better if you do.)
- Then pour dressing over broccoli salad and stir to coat.