When I am having a crazy day and need a dinner that can be ready in about five minutes, French Bread Pizza is my go-to meal. My kids love to help me load the pizza with the toppings they like and I love that it is something they will actually eat. Serve it with a green salad and you have a delicious meal ready in no time (that probably costs less than take-out)! There isn’t really a perfectly measured out recipe for this- you can make it however you want by using whatever ingredients your family likes!
If you love this recipe, try our BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza!
Serves: 6 people
FRENCH BREAD PIZZA RECIPE
When I am having a crazy day and need a dinner that can be ready in about five minutes, French Bread Pizza is my go-to meal.
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings (pepperoni, ham, sausage, peppers, olives, etc) *
- Cut the French Bread loaf in half length-wise (so that you have two long halves). Spread pizza sauce over entire length of both halves. Top with shredded cheese and desired toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 8-10 minutes (or until cheese is melted).
- Cut into slices and serve.
*Nutritional information does NOT include toppings
Calories: 334 kcal · Carbohydrates: 45 g · Protein: 18 g · Fat: 10 g · Saturated Fat: 5 g · Cholesterol: 29 mg · Sodium: 1220 mg · Potassium: 520 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 7 g · Vitamin A: 784 IU · Vitamin C: 9 mg · Calcium: 234 mg · Iron: 4 mg
This post was included in our 5 days of $5 Dinners video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!