I can’t believe it is already almost Thanksgiving. Where does the time go? The months of October, November and December go by so quickly to me.
There are so many parties, family gatherings and traditions that I hardly have time to sit down, let alone slave all day in the kitchen.
This BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza is perfect for those crazy nights that you don’t have much time to make dinner but still want to eat something delicious.
I love that everything can just be thrown together without having to slave away in the kitchen all day. I have so many shortcuts you can use with this recipe, to save time, and money. Scroll down to read them.
How to make BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Step 2: Cut loaf of French bread lengthwise and place on a large baking sheet (I just used a cookie sheet). You could also use a 9×13 inch pan depending on how long your french bread is.
Step 3: Spread one cup of BBQ sauce (1/2 cup of sauce) on top of each half of the bread. You could use any bbq sauce. I like the honey ones because they are a little bit sweeter, and not so spicy.
Step 4: Sprinkle 2 cups of mozzarella cheese on each half of the bread.
Step 5: In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of BBQ sauce and cooked chicken. Mix until chicken is coated in sauce.
Step 6: Spread the barbecued chicken, over each half of the bread. I like to put mine right on the edge, because I like barbecue chicken in every bite.
Step 7: Top with as much red onion and cilantro you desire. I will sometimes put more on one end, and less on the other, for my kids.
Step 8: Cook for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. You will want to watch it carefully, because the bread is already cooked so it could burn quickly if not watched.
Step 9: Cut into slices and serve.
I am so busy, I live for shortcuts. I don’t have time to be cutting onions, boiling and slicing chicken, grating cheese, so I wanted to share a few tips to help you put this recipe together, and on the table ready to eat in under 20 minutes.
- Find pre-sliced french bread (cut vertically). They do have this at grocery stores. You can also ask the bakery to slice it for you length wise.
- Use a rotisserie chicken or pre-shredded chicken. I love rotisserie chicken. The meat is so juicy and tender. I take it home, get all the chicken off with a fork, and there you have it. No cooking required.
- In some stores, I know they sell pre-cooked and shredded chicken near the deli, or by the sandwich meat. I like mine fresh, so sometimes I have to ask for it.
- Get the shredded cheese. I don’t care what people say is in the pre-shredded cheese you can buy at the store, but I live for that. I don’t think I even own a cheese grater anymore? So I always purchase the pre-shredded cheese.
- Pre-chopped onions are my saving grace. My Kroger store has started doing this and it has saved my life. I hate cutting onions, but it’s so nice when they are pre-chopped. I usually find them by the produce, in the refrigerated section where the salad is.
looking for a fun pizza dessert?
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is sure to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Watch how to make our favorite Strawberry Fruit Pizza, here:
looking for more easy pizza recipes?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!