This BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza is perfect for those crazy nights that you don’t have much time to make dinner but still want to eat something delicious.
I love that everything can just be thrown together without having to slave away in the kitchen all day.
I have so many shortcuts you can use with this recipe, to save time and money. Scroll down to read them.
Related Recipe: If you love BBQ Chicken you’ll want to try this Monterey Chicken Recipe!
How to make BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Step 2: Cut loaf of French bread lengthwise and place on a large baking sheet. You could also use a 9×13 inch pan depending on how long your french bread is.
Step 3: Spread 1/2 cup BBQ sauce on top of each half of the bread. You could use any bbq sauce. Keep in mind who will be eating this, as you don’t want to buy a BBQ sauce that will be too spicy.
Step 4: Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese on each half of the bread.
Step 5: In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of BBQ sauce and cooked chicken. Mix until chicken is coated in sauce.
Step 6: Spread the barbecued chicken, over each half of the bread. I like to put mine right on the edge, because I like barbecue chicken in every bite.
Step 7: Top with as much red onion and cilantro as you desire. I will sometimes put more on one end, and less on the other, for my kids.
Step 8: Cook for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. You will want to watch it carefully, because the bread is already cooked so it could burn quickly if not watched.
Step 9: Cut into slices and serve.
Want even more recipe ideas that use already made chicken ?! Try these 45 Cold Chicken Recipes (Best Leftover Chicken Ideas)!
Here are a few tips to help you put this recipe together if you are short on time:
- Find pre-sliced french bread (cut vertically). They have this at some grocery stores. You can also ask the bakery to slice it for you lengthwise.
- Use a rotisserie chicken or pre-shredded chicken. I love rotisserie chicken. The meat is so juicy and tender. I take it home, get all the chicken off with a fork, and there you have it. No cooking required. In some delis, they sell pre-cooked and shredded chicken near the deli, or by the sandwich meat. I like mine fresh, so sometimes I have to ask for it.
- Get the shredded cheese. I don’t care what people say is in the pre-shredded cheese you can buy at the store, but I live for that. So much easier than shredding cheese yourself!
- Pre-chopped onions are my saving grace. My Kroger store has started doing this and it has saved my life. I hate cutting onions, but it’s so nice when they are pre-chopped. I usually find them by the produce, in the refrigerated section where the salad is.
Looking for more easy pizza recipes?
- Easy Pizza Quesadilla
- Margherita Pizza
- Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Easy Taco Pizza
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo French Bread Pizza
- Chicken Cordon Bleu French Bread Pizza
- Alfredo Grilled Chicken Pizza Recipe
- Easy Braided Pizza Loaf
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf French Bread (cut in half lengthwise)
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce divided
- 4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut loaf of French bread lengthwise and place on a large baking sheet.
- Spread 1/2 cup BBQ sauce on top of each half of the bread.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese on each half of the bread.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of BBQ sauce and shredded chicken. Mix until chicken is coated in sauce.
- Spread chicken over each half of the bread.
- Top with red onion and cilantro, as desired.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Find pre-sliced french bread (cut vertically)
- Use a rotisserie chicken or pre-shredded chicken.
- Get the shredded cheese.
- Pre-chopped onions are my saving grace.
- Large Baking Sheet
- Small Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Questions & Reviews