The other night I had some of my nieces and nephews over for a sleepover and decided that we needed a late night snack.
In an effort to keep things simple, I looked in my pantry and found a box of brownie mix. I was in the mood for cookies (they cook faster than brownies and when you are entertaining hungry kids, time is everything!) and so I did a quick Google search and found that you can make cookies from a BROWNIE MIX! I decided to put it to the test and see how they turned out.
After making a few batches over the weekend (gotta love recipe testing), I feel that this is the recipe to get the fluffiest, chewiest, and fudgiest cookies possible. They are simple and delicious!
Add in whatever mix-ins you want and make these cookies your own. We added M&M’s to this batch.
Make sure to have these items to make the best brownie cookies:
The ingredients in these cookies are simple – you probably have all of them on hand right now!
- Box of brownie mix (I used an 18.4 ounce Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie mix)
- All-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- Mini M&M’s (or your choice of Mix-in)
Don’t forget these items too:
- Baking Sheets (THESE are our favorites)
- Large mixing bowl
- Cookie Scoop (These come as a 3 pack)
- Wire cooling rack (This one is great)
Tips for making brownie mix cookies
These cookies are fairly simple to make and are perfect for kids or beginner cooks. Here are a few tips to help you make the best cookies possible:
- Every brownie mix is a different size. I used an 18.4 ounce brownie mix, but some will be more or less. Feel free to add a little more or a little less flour as needed
- In order to get thick, fudgy cookies, you need to keep the balls of cookie dough stacked high (don’t flatten them down). I like to use a cookie scoop to help them have that perfect round shape and to make them all the same size every time
- Be sure not to overbake these cookies! If anything, underbake them just a little bit and then let them cool – they will be so fudgy and good on the inside!
- Feel free to add in your favorite mix-ins: chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, any kind of nuts, sprinkles, or even roll the cookie dough in powdered sugar for a crinkle cookie.