Beef Casserole Recipe
Beef + noodles in a creamy sauce – does it get any better than that? This dish is comfort food at it’s finest!
We use ground beef for this recipe, but you could easily substitute ground turkey and it will still be delicious.
How to make Beef and Noodle Casserole into a Freezer Meal
If you’ve been following us for a while you know that we love ourselves a good freezer meal or shortcut. This recipe can easily be made into a freezer meal. Here’s how you do it:
Prepare casserole in pan that can be frozen. We love these Aluminum Foil Pans <—- click to buy your own!
- Follow the directions and bake the casserole as listed in the instructions
- Remove casserole from oven and let cool on counter for at least 25 minutes
- Cover casserole with foil or freezer lid and freeze for up to 30 days.
- To reheat casserole, allow it to thaw in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Substitutions for Cottage Cheese in a Casserole
We know cottage cheese is kind of an acquired taste! There are a lot of different options if you’d like to substitute it for something else.
Pureed cream cheese or thick Greek yogurt are popular substitutes used in many recipes calling for cottage cheese because they don’t sacrifice flavor or texture in most dishes.
Ricotta cheese is the most popular substitution for cottage cheese, and is a great filling for ravioli, cannoli and other Italian desserts.
Reader Comment Substitutions for Beef and Noodle Casserole
We’ve received a lot of input on this recipe over the years. Here’s what a few of our readers suggested tweaking or adding while making it their own:
- Extra Salt and Pepper
- Extra Garlic Salt
- A packet of taco seasoning in the ground beef for an extra kick of flavor
- Bow tie pasta instead of egg noodles
- Ground turkey in place of beef
- A frozen package of peas and carrots
- Regular white onions in place of green onions
Related Recipe: Looking for more casseroles your family will love? Be sure to try our CORNBREAD SLOPPY JOE CASSEROLE.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Easy Casserole recipes
We love an easy casserole on a busy night! Here are a few more of our favorites:
- Oven Baked Omelet
- Pesto Tortellini Bake
- Texas Ranch Chicken Casserole
- John Wayne Casserole
- Loaded Nacho Casserole
Recipe slightly adapted from The Pioneer Woman.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?