switch up the flavor
I love this recipe, because it is so versatile. You could add so many different flavors to it, or sprinkles, to make it look perfect for the holidays.
You can add your favorite candy bits, or even peanut butter to the mixture and it would taste delicious.
I like to add my candy bits at the end, right before I spread it in the pan.
Here are a few of my favorite add ins, that would taste delicious with this recipe:
- M & M’s
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Holiday Sprinkles
- Kit Kat’s
- Heath Bar
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Milky Way
could i make this over the stove top as well?
You could most definitely make the marshmallow and chocolate chip mixture over the stove top. I prefer to do it this way, because I find that it helps it cooks more evenly when I can stir it continually throughout cooking.
I found I needed to use a tablespoon or two more of corn syrup, as I was stirring it all together.
have you seen our new cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
looking for more S’more recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- S’mores Dessert Pizza
- Campfire S’mores Banana Boats
- S’mores Magic Bars
- Pretzel S’mores Bites
- Cake Mix S’mores Cinnamon Rolls
Gooey Golden Grahams S’mores Treats Recipe
- 8 cups golden grahams cereal
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 5 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows for topping, if desired
- Measure the cereal into a large bowl. Grease a 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. In another large microwavable bowl, microwave 5 cups marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter uncovered on High for 2-3 minutes, stirring after every minute, until melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal; quickly toss until completely coated. Stir in 1 cup marshmallows.
- Press mixture evenly in pan, using back of spoon (or your hands- sometimes it's just easier that way). Let stand uncovered at least 1 hour, or refrigerate if you prefer a firmer bar. Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 days.
- You could most definitely make the marshmallow and chocolate chip mixture over the stove top. I prefer to do it this way, because I find that it helps it cooks more evenly when I can stir it continually throughout cooking.
- Large Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Large Microwave Safe Bowl
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube