This warmer weather is really playing with my heart. I can feel spring just creeping up on us and I can’t even stand how excited I am.
I’m celebrating spring a little early with some of my favorite sweet treats. This Cherry Lime Bread has always been my favorite, and combines some of my most favorite flavors.
If you have ever been to sonic and tried a cherry limeade, or a mixture of the sort, you will know how delicious this bread is going to be.
I love a good summery drink, but put it into bread form, and I am one happy girl. Everyone needs this Sweet Cherry Lime Bread in their lives.
can i use the same limes for juicing and zesting?
This recipe calls for the zest of two limes, and the juice of two limes. You can definitely only purchase two limes, and use both the zest and the juice for the limes.
I have learned a little trick to get as much of the lime juice out of the lime, as possible.
Here is what I recommend for this recipe:
- Wash and dry the limes. Zest the limes, until the white part. You don’t want to reach the jewels of the lime, or you will lose some juice.
- After you get all the lime zest, place the limes on a microwave safe plate, and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and cut in half. The limes will be slightly warm, and even more expanded. Cut them in half, and squeeze out all the juice.
- Microwaving helps get all the lime juice out a little easier, when squeezing it by hand.
watch how to make another cherry inspired dessert recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch our little ones in the kitchen, as they make a simple and delicious favorite, Chocolate Covered Cherries, here:
looking for more cherry inspired recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Sweet Cherry Lime Bread Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lime zested
- 1 lime juiced
- 1½ cups plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling (1 can)
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 limes zested
- 1 Tablespoon butter softened
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two loaf pans (9 inches).
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together sugar, butter and eggs.
- Beat in vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Fold in Greek Yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Split dough into four parts.
- Place 1/4 of the dough into the bottom of each bread pan.
- Spoon 1/2 can of cherry pie filling into each bread pan.
- Top the cherry pie filling with remaining dough in each pan. It's okay if some of the dough and cherry filling mix together.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from center of the bread.
- Remove bread from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- For the frosting (while bread is cooling):
- In a bowl, beat or whisk together butter, milk, vanilla, and lime juice.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Remove bread from pan, and drizzle or pour frosting over the top of the bread.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe Inspiration: www.ShugarySweets.com
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!