Have you ever heard of our cherry cheesecake dump cake recipe? It is delicious cherry cream cheese bars made with cake mix that takes little to no time to make.
I love to make this cherry cheesecake cump cake recipe for our get-togethers during the summer. Everyone loves it but no one expects that I spend only like 45 minutes to make it (including baking)!
It’s also one of those nice recipes for beginners or when your kid wants to be the baker since this recipe is super simple to make and hard to mess up. Plus you only need a few ingredients since it is made with a cake mix.
You can make even more delicious dump cakes like our peach cobbler dump cake recipe, Instant Pot cherry dump cake recipe, or another favorite, apple raspberry dump cake. They are all super tasty, easy, and perfect for a summer dessert.
Ingredients You Need to For This Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake Recipe:
- Canned cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream cheese
- Yellow cake mix
- Butter, melted
How To Make This Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake Recipe:
Begin making this tasty dump cake recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
While the oven preheats, prepare a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
After prepping the pan, pour the cans of cherry pie filling into the bottom of the pan and spread out the pie filling evenly with a spatula.
Then use a spoon to drop small dollops of the whipped cream cheese over top of the cherry pie filling.
Now, in a medium mixing bowl, mix together the package of dry cake mix (but not the cake mix added ingredients) with the melted butter with a fork until all of the cake mix is moistened by the butter and becomes more like a cumbly wet sand texture.
Then, sprinkle the cake mix crumbles over top of the cream cheese as evenly as you can.
Once you have all the cake mix layer ingredients in the pan, place the pan in the oven and bake the dump cake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top of the cake begins to turn a light golden color.
Then remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down for a few minutes.
Now just serve a scoop of this delicious cherry cheesecake dump cake in bowls, topped with either your favorite ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
When you are done, store the cake in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat a piece in the microwave as you need, or even enjoy it cold!
To Make This Easy Dump Cake Recipe You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch pan (THIS one works great and is super cute!)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Medium mixing bowl
Why is a Dump Caked Called a Dump Cake?
A dump cake is an American dessert similar to a cobbler but with a cake-like topping. It is so named because it is prepared by “dumping” ingredients (typically canned fruit or pie filling, followed by a boxed cake mix) into a cake pan without mixing.
Does Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake Need to be Refrigerated?
Because of the cream cheese in the cake, we recommend that you keep leftovers covered in the fridge where they will keep for 3-4 days. You can serve the cake hot or cold – eat it cold from the fridge or reheat the cake in the microwave.
Make This Even More “Homemade”
If you love to say you make a recipe from scratch and mean absolutely nothing but simple ingredients from the store you can always make your own cake mix recipe!
This homemade yellow cake mix recipe from Simply Scratch will work great in place of the box mix. But, honestly it’s super important if you don’t want to. Our dump cake recipe tastes amazing as is, plus it is perfectly simple to make.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Wonderfully Sweet Cherry Recipes that You MUST Try Out this Summer:
- Cherry Pie Bars Recipe
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
- Layered Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert Recipe
- Cherry Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
- Creamy Cherry Whip Salad Recipe
Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake Recipe (4 Ingredients)
- 42 ounces canned cherry pie filling (2 cans that are 21 ounces each)
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 box yellow cake mix (white cake mix will work as well)
- ½ cup butter melted, (1 stick of butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour both cans of cherry pie filling into the bottom of the baking pan and spread around evenly.
- Using a spoon, add small dollops of whipped cream cheese all over the top of the pie filling.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together dry cake mix and melted butter with a fork until the cake mix is combined with the butter and is a crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle the crumbled cake mix and butter mixture on top of the cream cheese as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top of the cake starts to turn golden.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve scooped into bowls and if desired, top with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Store covered in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can enjoy cold or reheat the cake in the microwave.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Medium Mixing Bowl
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.