Summer is so close. We’re dreaming of barbecues and potluck dinners with these Cherry Coca Cola Cupcakes.
If you haven’t tried adding Coke to your favorite cupcakes, these are a must try. It is so simple and so delicious.
I love a good Coke, so I am all about these cupcakes. If you know of a big coke drinker, in your life, let them know about this recipe. Better yet, surprise them with it, and then you get to try them yourself.
The hint of cherry is also my favorite part. You need these in your life.
how well do i need to mix the batter?
For this recipe, we used a cake mix from a box. You can definitely make your own cake mix, but we are all about shortcuts and saving money, so this was the best option for us.
The box may say different directions, such as beat for a certain amount of time. However, you don’t need to beat it. You just need to mix it until well combined. If there are little bumps in them, it may take you a little longer, and maybe some beating, but for this recipe, just mix until it is combined.
how many does this recipe make?
It depends on how full, you fill your cupcakes. We got about 24, but if you make them a little smaller, and only use half the recommended scoop size, you can get 48.
could i make this recipe using other drinks?
You could definitely make this recipe using other drinks. Some may not be as strong, but you could use:
- Dr. Pepper
- Root Beer
- Diet Drinks
Those are the drinks we most recommend for this recipe.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
You might also enjoy these cupcake recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
- Dulce De Leche Cupcakes
- Big Hero 6 Baymax Cupcakes
- S’mores Cupcakes
- Butterfinger Cupcakes
- Texas Sheet Cake Cupcakes
Cherry Coca Cola Cupcakes Recipe
- 15.2 ounce devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup cherry coca cola (not diet)
- ⅓ cup Maraschino cherry liquid (from cherry jar)
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 48 maraschino cherries
- 16 ounce cream cheese frosting
- ¼ cup Maraschino cherry liquid
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, coca cola, cherry liquid, eggs, and oil.
- Mix until combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 way full.
- Top each uncooked cupcake with one stemless cherry.
- Bake cupcakes according to directions on box.
- Combine frosting and liquid in a bowl.
- Frost cupcakes with cherry frosting and top with maraschino cherry. Drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired!