Not only is pasta salad so simple to make, but it is also always delicious and very affordable to make for a group of people. Plus, I find that half of the time I already have everything I need at my house to throw it together in a pinch.
You can also make the pasta salad up a day ahead of time if you need to and it will turn out perfectly fine, not to mention it allows those flavors to develop even more!
Another reason people love to make pasta salad is that it is so versatile. You can change up the flavors and have a completely different dish! Some of our favorites are our Best Creamy Pasta Salad Recipe, Copycat Hug-Hes Chicken Pasta Salad recipe, and this super delicious Strawberry Balsamic Spinach Pasta Salad.
We’ve made preparing for this classic summer spaghetti salad simple by giving you the lists below telling you exactly what you need:
Easy ingredients for cold pasta salad:
- Thin spaghetti noodles
- Roma tomatoes
- Yellow zucchini squash
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Sliced olives
- Block cheddar cheese
- Italian dressing (one like THIS)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salad supreme (Like THIS kind or can be found at a grocery store too!)
If you like knowing exactly what you are eating you could even make your own Italian dressing! You can even make it in a matter of minutes with this easy homemade Italian dressing recipe from The Whole Cook.
You will need these items for this favorite family recipe:
- Large pot
- Cutting board
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
CHECK OUT YOUR NEW FAVORITE RECIPE BOOK!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
30 Minutes or Less including recipes for: Skillet Pork Lo Mein, Parmesan Pork Chops, and Ham and Pineapple Pizza Roll-ups.
5 Ingredients or Less including recipes for: Easy Gnocchi Casserole, Sweet and Tangy Meatballs, and Baked Sloppy Joes.
Pantry Essentials including recipes for: Seven-Can Tortilla Soup, Crispy Coconut Strips with Pina Colada Dipping Sauce and French Dip Crescents.
Slow Cooker including recipes for: Honey Garlic Chicken, Tuscan Soup, and Mongolian Beef.
Freezer Meals including recipes for: Kung Pao Chicken, Country-Style BBQ Spareribs, and Beef and Mushrooms.
One Pan, One Pot including recipes for: One-Dish Baked Fajitas, Sunrise Skillet, and Mushroom Asparagus Chicken Stir Fry.
Casseroles including recipes for: Cheesy Chicken Quinoa Casserole, Country Breakfast Casserole, and John Wayne Casserole.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE BEST POTLUCK SIDE DISH!
To start, cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package.
When the pasta is done cooking, drain it, then rinse it in cold water. This will stop the cooking process of the noodles.
Then, dice up the Roma tomatoes, zucchini, yellow zucchini squash, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, red onion, and cucumber.
When it is all cut up, place the veggies in a large mixing bowl.
Once the noodles are cooled, move them to the bowl with the chopped up vegetables and mix them together well.
Next, in a small bowl, mix together the Italian salad dressing, grated parmesan cheese, paprika, and the garlic powder until everything is well combined.
After it is mixed, pour the Italian dressing mixture over top of the spaghetti and vegetables and mix it all together.
Then, sprinkle the salad supreme spice over top, cover the bowl and let the pasta salad sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving it.
P.S. The longer it sits during the day the better it is! Those flavors will begin to meld together and taste even more AMAZING!
Wondering what to serve with this pasta salad?
Here are some delicious Six Sisters’ Stuff recipes:
More ways to make a pasta salad!
Our YouTube Channel is packed with lots of great recipes that you and your family will love! Even those tricky picky eaters. Plus we make the recipes easy to follow since we start each one and go through from start to finish.
This is how easy it is to make Spaghetti Salad:
All you are going to do is add these ingredients. My trick is to cut them up small. Then you can get more vegetables or cheese in one bite!
What you need:
- thin spaghetti, broke into 3-4″ pieces
- Roma tomatoes, diced
- zucchini, diced
- yellow zucchini squash, diced
- green pepper, diced
- red pepper, diced
- red onion, diced
- cucumber, diced
- olives, drained
- cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
How to cook the pasta for Spaghetti Salad:
- People like their pasta cooked differently. For me, I like it just a little firm so it won’t turn to mush when you mix it. You have to remember that when cooking the pasta, it is angel hair, so it cooks pretty fast! Watch it and make sure it isn’t too over done!
- Make sure when cooking pasta, you season it with salt. Not only does it make it boil faster, it makes your pasta taste delicious!
- Also add 3 Tablespoons of olive oil as your water is boiling. This will make the pasta not stick together. No one likes big chunks of pasta.
- Wait until you have a nice boil before adding your pasta! That will make sure the oil is spread around the water so it will spread evenly around the noodles.
Watch how to make Spaghetti Salad HERE (Video)HERE
SO MANY PASTA SALAD RECIPES TO MAKE AND LOVE:
- PIZZA PASTA SALAD
- TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD
- ITALIAN CHICKEN PASTA SALAD RECIPE
- GREEK PASTA SALAD
- GRILLED CHICKEN BOW TIE PASTA SALAD
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 yellow zucchini squash
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- 5.5 ounces sliced olives
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
- 16 ounces Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salad Supreme Seasoning
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, then rinse in cold water and drain. Set aside and let cool.
- Place tomatoes, zucchini, squash, peppers, onion, cucumber, olives, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Add cooled spaghetti noodles and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salad dressing, Parmesan cheese, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Pour on top of the spaghetti and vegetables and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle the top with Salad Supreme.
- Let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving (this salad gets better with time, as the flavors meld together).
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.