When we were growing up, one of my favorite parts of getting together with our extended family was the yummy dishes that everyone would bring to share. This is one of the EASIEST dishes you will make!
This recipe was one that was a staple at family gatherings and it’s always been a hit with my kids because they love anything with spaghetti noodles. There are also a lot of vegetables in it which is a WIN WIN for everyone!
One of the best things about this recipe is that you don’t have to use all of the ingredients! Don’t like cucumbers? Good, then don’t add them! Love mushrooms? Throw them right in.
If you want to make this into a meal, you could easy add chicken, turkey or even ham! My husband doesn’t think it is a meal if it doesn’t have meat.
This is how easy it is to make Spaghetti Salad:
All you are going to do is add these ingredients. My trick is to cut them up small. Then you can get more vegetables or cheese in one bite!
What you need:
- thin spaghetti, broke into 3-4″ pieces
- Roma tomatoes, diced
- zucchini, diced
- yellow zucchini squash, diced
- green pepper, diced
- red pepper, diced
- red onion, diced
- cucumber, diced
- olives, drained
- cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
How to cook the pasta for Spaghetti Salad:
- People like their pasta cooked differently. For me, I like it just a little firm so it won’t turn to mush when you mix it. You have to remember that when cooking the pasta, it is angel hair, so it cooks pretty fast! Watch it and make sure it isn’t too over done!
- Make sure when cooking pasta, you season it with salt. Not only does it make it boil faster, it makes your pasta taste delicious!
- Also add 3 Tablespoons of olive oil as your water is boiling. This will make the pasta not stick together. No one likes big chunks of pasta.
- Wait until you have a nice boil before adding your pasta! That will make sure the oil is spread around the water so it will spread evenly around the noodles.
Watch how to make Spaghetti Salad HERE (Video)
Wondering what to serve with this pasta salad?
Here are some delicious Six Sisters’ Stuff recipes:
CHECK OUT OUR NEW COOKBOOK
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!