I have a strange obsession with pasta salad. It is just so delicious and simple to make. If you are looking for a quick and simple side dish, this Pizza Pasta Salad, has your name written all over it.
It is so simple and quick to throw together and has amazing flavor.
It’s so easy to sneak in those extra veggies, and tastes amazing. We love bringing this recipe to potlucks or summer barbecues, because it definitely feeds a crowd.
Everyone loves this pasta salad, so you are sure to bring a crowd favorite, to every event, with this Pizza Pasta Salad recipe.
mAKE IT A MAIN DISH:
I usually serve this as a side dish, however, you could easily serve it as a main dish, just by adding a little extra protein.
You could easily add chicken sausage, grilled chicken, shredded chicken, or steak to this dish, and serve it as a main dish. It is very filling, and so easy to throw together on a busy night (especially in the summer when it’s hot and you don’t want to be baking or turning on your oven).
I prefer this with grilled chicken, but really any meat would be so yummy with this recipe.
- I love a good shortcut, and I love using mozzarella string cheese in this dish. It’s quick, simple, and delicious.
homemade or store bought dressing:
For this recipe, I love this simple homemade dressing. It only requires a few simple ingredients, and tastes absolutely delicious with all the veggies.
However, if you don’t have time to make a dressing, you could easily buy one. We recommend buying an Italian dressing. We aren’t paid to say this, but the Robusto Italian Dressing from Wishbone, is by far our most favorite dressing for pasta salads.
- You could use any type of pasta for this dish. I even combined a few different kinds, just to make my salad look a little more full. Again, this is totally optional.
sneak in extra veggies:
I love this recipe because it’s perfect for sneaking in some extra vegetables, that the kids won’t even notice.
If you need a few suggestions of veggies to sneak in, here is what I recommend:
- Red Bell Peppers
- Green Bell Peppers
- Orange/Yellow Bell Peppers
- Banana Peppers
- Sugar Snap Peas
I usually try to dice them up pretty small, so they aren’t very noticeable. But the taste isn’t noticeable once they are all smothered in the dressing.
Looking for more pasta recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
Pizza Pasta Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces rotini pasta 1 package, cooked and drained
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese cubed
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese cubed
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup mini pepperoni slices
- 2.25 ounces sliced olives 1 can, drained
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- ½ teaspoon pizza seasoning
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine your pasta, Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes, pepperoni slices, sliced olives, green pepper, and pizza seasoning.
- In a smaller separate bowl, make your dressing by combining your olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the pasta salad, and let refrigerate for about an hour.
- Serve cold.
- Large Bowl
- small bowl
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!