I love summer. I love everything about it, from the vacationing, to the food, to the weather. It really is my happiest time of year. (Honestly better than Christmas time to me, because I do not handle the cold well).
If you are looking for a simple and delicious dinner recipe, these Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches are full of flavor, and incredibly easy to make.
I literally threw them together in minutes, and even made a simple slaw to serve the with.
If you are a chicken and pineapple lover, this recipe is just for you. All the flavor of the islands, without having to travel anywhere but the kitchen.
Happy cooking, and hope you enjoy these Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches as much as me and my family did.
if you like these slow cooker hawaiian chicken sandwiches, then be sure to try this crispy honey mustard chicken. It’s a favorite.
what other meat could i make this with?
I love a good pulled chicken bbq sandwich, but you could easily replace the chicken with pork. We have a similar recipe, our Best Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork and Cole Slaw Sandwiches.
They are so delicious and we highly recommend those as well. The recipes are a little different, but overall, very tasty.
steps to make the perfect slow cooker hawaiian chicken sandwiches:
make it a wrap:
If you are trying to save on calories, and carbs, you may also want to consider making this into a wrap, using a whole wheat tortilla. It would be so delicious, with our without the cole slaw.
They are great for lunches, and don’t get soggy as fast, if you do plan to make them ahead of time, and eat the next day.
looking for more sandwich recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Baked Ham and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Best Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork and Cole Slaw Sandwiches
- Skinny Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 hamburger buns
- Spray your slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place your chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine your Worcestershire sauce, bbq sauce, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic salt and minced garlic, until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over your chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, shred your chicken, and place back in the slow cooker to keep warm while you prepare your Cole slaw.
- To make Cole slaw, combine your mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, and pepper, in a large bowl.
- Add your shredded cabbage.
- Place a scoop of the chicken on your bun and top with a scoop of Cole slaw.
- Top with extra barbecue sauce or teriyaki sauce if desired, and serve.
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Large Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!