I am a huge root beer fan. We didn’t drink a whole lot of soda growing up, so when we did I always made sure to have root beer.
After trying Camille’s Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork, I knew I had to try another root beer recipe. This marinade has a few basic ingredients but tastes absolutely amazing.
The root beer gives it a nice sweet flavor and helps make your chicken so moist.
If you are looking for a quick and simple dinner idea, perfect for summer, we highly recommend this Marinated Root Beer Grilled Chicken. It is so simple to throw together and tastes absolutely amazing.
what could i use instead of root beer, in the marinade?
I love this recipe, because the root beer gives it such a sweet and unique taste. However, if you don’t have any root beer on hand, you could honestly use any carbonated drink.
I have made this with Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Diet Coke, and Sprite.
I definitely prefer the root beer, but this really is delicious with any carbonated drink. The carbonation really tenderizes the meat nicely, giving it a juicy taste, and allowing the root beef flavor to sink in a bit.
Reduce the sodium:
If you are concerned about the amount of sodium in the recipe, you could easily use lemon juice or a low sodium soy sauce. The chicken just needs something a little more acidic to make it tender and juicy for grilling.
You can also go without the extra salt. I prefer the soy sauce over the lemon juice, but the lemon juice does work as well.
watch how to make another grilled chicken recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Grilled Lemon Chicken is easy to make and full of flavor. It only requires a few simple ingredients, and is so easy to throw together, for those busy summer evenings. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
looking for more grilling recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Grilled BBQ Pork Skewers
- Marinated Mt. Dew Grilled Chicken
- Mom’s Secret Recipe: 7 Up Grilled Chicken
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Caramelized Brown Sugar Pineapple
Marinated Root Beer Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 12 ounces Root Beer 1 can
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine root beer, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, soy sauce and salt and pepper in a large bowl or container to make marinade. Add chicken to marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Grill over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- If you are concerned about the amount of sodium in the recipe, you could easily use lemon juice or a low sodium soy sauce. The chicken just needs something a little more acidic to make it tender and juicy for grilling.
- Large Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!