Marinated Root Beer Grilled Chicken Recipe is a fun summer recipe that will get you excited to pull out your gas grill. It is made with a root beer bbq sauce marinated and created with household staple ingredients without needing Worcestershire sauce.
Make this recipe as is with boneless skinless chicken breast, or you can make this with a whole chicken or anything in between. You can even turn this recipe into a slow cooker meal, however, I would double the marinade to make sure the chicken is completely covered.
Try these delicious chicken recipes too!
Ingredients used to make Marinated Root Beer Grilled Chicken Recipe:
- Can of root beer (not ginger beer!)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Vegetable oil
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
How to make Marinated Root Beer Grilled Chicken Recipe:
- Combine root beer, tablespoons apple cider vinegar, tablespoons vegetable oil, soy sauce, and salt and pepper in a large bowl or container to make the marinade. Add chicken to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Grill over medium-high heat until cooked through. You can even get fancy with it and try to do the indirect heat method to cook this chicken to the internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Turn it into chicken sandwiches:
One great option for these chicken made in a root beer sauce is to transform them into chicken sandwiches! All you have to do is make sure to take the cooked root beer chicken and make them into a sandwich size. Then place chicken on your favorite bun or Kaizer roll and put your favorite toppings on.
Here are some topping options:
- Cooked bacon
- Chick-fil-a sauce
Things to serve with this bbq chicken:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Oven Baked Seasoned Steak Fries Recipe
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries Recipe with Spicy Aioli
- Baked Red Potato Wedges Recipe
- Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
More grill chicken recipes:
- Grilled BBQ Pork Skewers
- Marinated Mt. Dew Grilled Chicken
- Mom’s Secret Recipe: 7 Up Grilled Chicken
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Caramelized Brown Sugar Pineapple
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Marinated Root Beer Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 12 ounces Root Beer 1 can
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine root beer, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, soy sauce and salt and pepper in a large bowl or container to make marinade. Add chicken to marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Grill over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- If you are concerned about the amount of sodium in the recipe, you could easily use lemon juice or a low sodium soy sauce. The chicken just needs something a little more acidic to make it tender and juicy for grilling.
- Large Bowl
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.