The recipe for this quick Italian ground turkey soup was created from taking all the parts of my favorites soups and putting it all together. And, boy is it amazing!
It is one of my easy family dinner recipes that my kids also love so it is a win win. Plus then I can hide all of the veggies in the soup that they wouldn’t always normally like, or rather change their mind’s about liking.
You can make this ground turkey recipe up in no time and it is a delicious healthy soup recipe that you will actually look forward to eating. Sometimes when recipe are labled “health” delicious does not always ensue, but this soup recipe is absolutely delicious!
For sides to serve with this soup, try our cheesy carlic Texas toast, easy homemade french bread, or homemade cornbread. They are all perfect for dipping in this flavorful soup recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Our Quick Italian Ground Turkey Soup Recipe:
- Olive oil
- Ground turkey
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Stewed tomatoes, Italian style
- Great northern white beans (rinsed and drained)
- Chicken broth
- Dried oregano
- Dried parsley
- Rotini (cooked)
- Shredded carrots
- Fresh spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How To Make Our Quick Italian Turkey Soup Recipe:
Get out your large stock pot and turn on a burner on medium-high heat and pour the olive oil in.
After the oil is hot, add in the diced onions, minced garlic, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Cook all fo the together until the turkey is completely browned.
Once all of those ingredients are cooked, add the can of stewed tomatoes (juice and all!) great northern beans (drained and rinsed), shredded carrots, sliced zucchini, chicken broth, parsley, and oregano into the stock pot as well.
Give it a good stir, and then reduce the heat to simmer.
Let it all simmer together for about 10-15 minutes, or until the carrots and zucchini are tender.
While this is simmering, cook your noodles according to the package if they are not already cooked.
Then, add the spinach to the turkey and veggie mixture in the stock pot, and stir it all together until the spinach is wilted.
Now add in the salt and pepper to taste.
Add in the cooked noodles and stir it all together.
When that is done you are ready to serve your turkey soup. Just pour it in a bowl and top it off with a little bit of Parmesan cheese and you are good to go!
To Make This Easy Dinner Recipe You Will Need:
- Large stock pot (THIS is a great one!)
- Can opener
Do You Need to Use Rotini noodles?
Nope! That is just our favorite to use. Feel free to use noodles you know your family will love or none at all.
Easiest Way to Shred Carrots:
I know you can always go buy shredded carrots if you do not have any in the house, but you can also make them too! Since my kids love carrots, I generally tend to keep extra in the fridge.
They come in handy when I want to add them to a recipe. Plus when you shred the carrots they are easier to hid in recipes! Love and Lemon give a great instructions on how to shred carrots that is super simple.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Warm Up This Winter With These Amazing Soup Recipes:
- Seven Can Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup (Cafe Zupas Copycat) Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Tomato Macaroni Soup
Quick Italian Ground Turkey Soup Recipe
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15oz) can can stewed tomatoes, Italian style
- 1 (15oz) can Great Northern white beans rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup rotini cooked (can use any pasta)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 5 cups fresh spinach chopped (I chopped it into very small pieces)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pour olive oil into large stock pot and turn on burner to medium-high heat.
- When oil it hot, add onions, garlic, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until turkey is completely cooked.
- Add canned tomatoes (including juice), beans, carrots, zucchini, broth, parsley and oregano.
- Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for 10-15 minutes (or until carrots and zucchini are cooked).
- While this is simmering, cook your noodles according to the package if they are not already cooked.
- Then, add the spinach to the turkey and veggie mixture in the stock pot, and stir it all together until the spinach is wilted.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in cooked noodles and stir it all together.
- Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.
- large stock pot
- Can Opener
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews