I am a sucker for a good soup recipe, and not only is this Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini and Vegetable Soup delicious, but it is also one of those amazing and easy Instant Pot recipes that you’ll want to make over and over again.
This is a wonderful budget-friendly dinner recipe that is similar to your everyday chicken soup recipe. Adding in the tortellini and delicious fall vegetables takes this soup to the next level!
I also love making this soup in the fall to make sure we are getting all the added benefits of chicken noodle soup, but with even more flavor. Plus my kids love tortellini, so they are always excited for this soup.
If you love to dip things in your soup, I love serving some of either our easy homemade french bread, homemade pizza factory breadsticks, or sheet pan garlic breadsticks. They are all delicious and perfect for dipping!
Ingredients Needed For Our Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini and Vegetable Soup:
- Skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Celery stalks
- Chicken broth
- Dried parsley
- Dried thyme
- Garlic powder
- Bay leaves
- Uncooked cheese tortellini
- Fresh chopped parsley (optional)
How To Make Our Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini and Vegetable Soup:
Begin by getting out your Instant Pot and placing the chicken breasts into the bottom on the inner pot.
Then add in the sliced carrots, diced celery, and onion on top of the chicken.
Next, you need to pour the chicken broth and water over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
After you have the chicken broth in the pot, add in the dried parsley, dried thyme, and garlic powder.
Once all of that is in there, place two bay leaves on top and place the lid on the Instant Pot.
After is all cooked, remove the lid and take out the chicken and shred it with either a fork or a mixer.
Then, add the shredded chicken back in and give it a good stir.
When the lid has been placed on, make sure to turn the valve to the, press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button, and set the timer for 20 minutes.
After the timer goes off, turn the valve to make the Instant Pot do a quick release of the pressure inside.
Once that is done, remove the lid and press the SAUTE button.
Now, add in the tortellini, salt, and pepper to the Instant Pot.
Let it all cook together for about 5 minutes or until the tortellini has reached your desired tenderness.
Then serve it in a bowl with some freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
Related Recipe: Try our simple and delicious Tomato Tortellini Soup!
To Make This Easy Instant Pot Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is the one we like to use!)
Homemade Cheese Tortellini!
I know the purpose of this recipe is to make a super simple yet amazing dinner soup, but if you have the time, making homemade cheese tortellini will set this recipe apart even more!
You can never go wrong with homemade cheese tortellini, especially when you can double the recipe and use it for a recipe later! If you are interested in giving it a try, take a look at Kitchn’s recipe for how to make homemade cheese tortellini.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Take a Look at These Great Instant Pot Soups To Make This Fall
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Fajita Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef and Bean Taco Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe (Dump and Go)
Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 carrots sliced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 onion diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups uncooked cheese tortellini
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley optional garnish
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add carrots, celery, onion on top.
- Pour chicken broth and water over chicken and vegetables. Add dried parsley, dried thyme, and garlic powder. Place bay leaves on top.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and place the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button. Set timer for 20 minutes.
- When the timer is finished, let the Instant Pot do a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure
- Remove chicken from the Instant Pot and shred it with two forks and then return the chicken to the Instant Pot.
- Remove the lid and press the SAUTE button. Add in the tortellini and salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until tortellini reaches desired tenderness.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.
- I know the purpose of this recipe is to make a super simple yet amazing dinner soup, but if you have the time, making homemade cheese tortellini will set this recipe apart even more!
- Instant Pot
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.