I have mentioned before how he is such a “meat and potatoes” guy and the only way he will eat soup is if it’s thick and hearty. Well, this soup fits the bill- it’s loaded! But I love it because it’s loaded with good things and you can add even more vegetables if you’d like.
Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 cups beef broth
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes 2 (14 ounce cans), do not drain
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 2 green bell peppers chopped
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain grease from beef and dump into a large stock pot.
- Place stock pot on stovetop and add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Turn heat up to medium high and bring soup to a boil.
- Then reduce heat to low, cover with lid, and simmer for 35-45 minutes.
- Large Skillet
- Stock Pot