Trying to eat healthier but still love treats? These Healthier Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies are a family favorite!
These healthy zucchini oatmeal cookies are easy, delicious, and your kids won’t even notice that they are full of good-for-you ingredients.
This healthy snack is a great way to use fresh zucchini from the garden during the summer months.
Looking for more oatmeal cookies, try our Iced Oatmeal Cookies Recipe!
Ingredients needed to make Healthier Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies:
- Whole wheat flour or Almond Flour
- Old fashioned oats
- Baking soda
- Mashed ripe banana
- Zucchini (squeezed of excess moisture with a paper towel)
- Coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips
How to make Healthier Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner. This will keep the cookies from sticking.
You could also use a non-stick cookie sheet, or baking mat.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
It’s important that you keep the dry ingredients, separate from the wet, to be sure that all the ingredients get fully incorporated, especially the baking soda.
Step 3: In a separate large bowl, mix together mashed banana, shredded zucchini, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract until well combined.
The bananas are sweeter the more ripe they are. If they still have green on them, we recommend not using them. They won’t be very sweet.
Step 4: Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips to cookie dough.
If you are going for a completely sugar free cookie, you could also add sugar free chocolate chips, or raisins, instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
The dough will be a little sticky. Drop large spoonfuls with a medium cookie scoop on prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand.
Step 5: Bake for 13-16 minutes or until cookies start to turn golden brown on the edges. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely to room temperature.
Store in an airtight container.
The Best Way to Shred Zucchini:
I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be able to taste vegetables in my healthy cookies. Whether it’s feeling the texture, or tasting the actual taste, I just want soft zucchini cookies, without realizing it’s a vegetable.
These oatmeal zucchini cookies taste amazing, and you can’t even taste the zucchini. If you are looking for a quick way to shred your zucchini, I recommend using a food processor or blender, and pushing the zucchini, until desire texture. You can also use grated zucchini if you don’t mind the texture.
We also recommend drying the zucchini, by patting it with a paper towel. You don’t want to bring extra moisture into the cookies, or they will be soggy if undercooked, or burnt if overcooked
Healthy Cookie Recipes to try:
- Healthier No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
- Soft Banana Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- Breakfast Cookies Recipes
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookies
The BEST Zucchini Recipes:
- PINA COLADA ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
- CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPE
- SHEET PAN ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPE WITH FROSTING
- BAKED ZUCCHINI FRIES RECIPE
- AIR FRYER CRISPY ZUCCHINI BITES RECIPE
- WHOOPIE PIE ZUCCHINI COOKIE RECIPE
- MINI ZUCCHINI MUFFINS RECIPE
- CHOCOLATE Chip ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Healthier Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeezed of excess moisture with a paper towel)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together mashed banana, shredded zucchini, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Drop large spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until cookies start to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2 Large Bowls
- Rubber spatula
- parchment paper
- Baking Sheet
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.