Trying to eat healthier but still love treats? These zucchini cookies are a family favorite!
These zucchini cookies are easy, delicious, and your kids won’t even notice that they are full of good-for-you ingredients.
Looking for more oatmeal cookies, try our Iced Oatmeal Cookies Recipe!
how to make healthier zucchini oatmeal cookies
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner. This will keep the cookies from sticking.
You could also use a non-stick cookie sheet, or baking mat.
Step 2: In a large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
It’s important that you keep the dry ingredients, separate from the wet, to be sure that all the ingredients get fully incorporated, especially the baking soda.
Step 3: In a separate large bowl, mix together mashed banana, shredded zucchini, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract until well combined.
The bananas are sweeter the more ripe they are. If they still have green on them, we recommend not using them. They won’t be very sweet.
Step 4: Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
If you are going for a completely sugar free cookie, you could also add sugar free chocolate chips, or raisins, instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
The dough will be a little sticky. Drop large spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand.
Step 5: Bake for 13-16 minutes or until cookies start to turn golden brown on the edges. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
the best way to shred zucchini
I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be able to taste vegetables in my dessert. Wether it’s feeling the texture, or tasting the actual taste, I just want a delicious cookie, without realizing it’s a vegetable.
These cookies taste amazing, and you can’t even taste the zucchini. If you are looking for a quick way to shred your zucchini, I recommend using a food processor or blender, and pushing the zucchini, until desire texture.
We also recommend drying the zucchini, by patting it with a paper towel. You don’t want to bring extra moisture into the cookies, or they will be soggy if undercooked, or burnt if overcooked.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family is going to love it.
looking for more healthy desserts?
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Poppy Seed Muffins
- Sheet Pan Healthy Banana Cake
- Healthy ABC Chocolate Pudding
- Funfetti Protein Bites
- Honey Grilled Peaches
- Chocolate Zucchini Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars
Healthier Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeezed of excess moisture with a paper towel)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together mashed banana, shredded zucchini, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Drop large spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until cookies start to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!