My husband’s favorite dessert is Banana Cream Pie. I wanted to make him his favorite treat, but didn’t have all the ingredients to put together a pie.
These Banana Cream Pudding Cookies have all the flavor of a Banana Cream Pie without all the work – they are so easy to make and are failproof!
The secret ingredient is a package of banana instant pudding. They are soft and chewy because of the pudding mix and full of banana flavor. I also added a mashed banana to really take that banana flavor over the top!
Ingredients needed for Banana Pudding Cookies
- all purpose flour
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- pure vanilla extract
- unsalted butter
- instant banana pudding mix
- ripe banana
- white chocolate chips
Tips for making Banana Pudding Cookies
The pudding mix is added to the recipe unprepared, in its powdered form. This really is the secret ingredient for a soft cookie that will still hold its shape.
I love using a Kitchen Aid to mix this dough together. It creams the sugars and butter and pudding mix together perfectly!
I used a medium sized cookie scoop for these cookies. I like that they are the perfect shape and all the same size when you use a scoop.
I also use a silicone baking liner to help to cook evenly and get crisp on the bottom but stay soft on the inside!
(Here’s a little blogger’s tip: save a few of the chocolate chips to put on each cookie before they go into the oven – that’s how you get perfect chocolate chips arranged on the top of a cookie!)
Mix up your mix-ins
- Milk, dark, or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips (so good with the banana flavor!)
- Chocolate toffee bits (Heath bits)
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped walnuts
- Top with powdered sugar
- Crushed up Nilla wafers
The pudding makes them a little sweeter, so I would suggest using dark chocolate chips instead of milk!
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Looking for more banana recipes? Try these!
- Soft Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Nutella Stuffed Banana Pancakes
- Sheet Pan Banana Cake
- Banana Nut Blondies
- Frosted Banana Cake
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- The Best Banana Pudding (Trifle)
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
The BEST Banana Cream Pudding Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened, but not melted)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3.4 ounces banana instant pudding mix 1 package
- 1 ripe medium banana mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and pudding mix. Add in mashed banana, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Add into creamed sugar mixture.
- Gently fold in white chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1" balls (or use a cookie scoop) and place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or covered in a silicone baking liner.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown (be sure not to overcook - they will continue to set up even after being removed from the oven).
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
our 4 favorite cookie recipes
Looking for more cookies and other desserts? Well you are in luck. Check out our Youtube Channel. Today we are sharing how to make 4 of our FAVORITE cookies!