This Chocolate Pudding Cake is literally a dream come true for all chocolate lovers of the world! This delicious dessert doesn’t take too long together, and adds just the right amount of fun to a regular chocolate cake mix. Can’t wait for you to try this! Also, don’t count on there being any leftovers….and make sure to get out the napkins!
related recipe:Be sure to try this easy and delicious LAYERED CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE. Feeds a crowd!
Chocolate Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
- 15¼ ounces Devil's Food mix or Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cup water
- 3.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 9x13 with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare cake as directed on cake mix box, mixing together cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and water.
- After cake is baked, using the handle of a wooden spoon, or a straw poke holes into top of cake.
- To prepare pudding, follow directions on box, or mix 2 cups of cold milk with instant pudding mix.
- Pour pudding over cake and into holes. Move around 9x13 and tap on counter to help pudding soak into the holes.
- For frosting, beat together cream cheese, butter, milk, and vanilla and cocoa.
- Add in powdered sugar slowly until reaching desired consistency.
- Frost cake and enjoy! Some pudding and frosting might mix, but that's what makes this chocolate cake so glorious!