I never want grilling season to end. Here in Utah, our grilling season is very small, because our winters last for a very long time, and our springs get a lot of rain.
So you either have to tough out the weather extremes, or take full advantage of grilling season while it is here.
I have to say, I am a victim of both. My favorite food is grilled food. If you are looking for some grilling goodness, then may I introduce you to this Maple Mountain Dew Grilled Chicken. It will blow your mind.
It is so easy to make.
It is both a marinade and a rub, giving you the ultimate grilled chicken flavor combo.
The Mt. Dew really tenderizes it, making it juicy, while the maple rub, gives it an amazing flavor. Together the combo is a win win. But don’t take my word for it, try it yourself.
What other meat would this be good with?
This recipe is amazing with chicken, but I have made it with both pork chops and steak, and they were absolutely delicious.
The rub is really amazing, and pairs extremely will with the beef. I have also used the rub on ground beef hamburgers and it was delicious as well.
It added the perfect amount of sweetness.
The next time you grill up steak, pork, or some hamburgers give the rub and marinade a try. You will not regret it.
Where can i find maple seasoning?
I found maple seasoning on the spice isle at the store. They have a whole section of barbecue seasonings, and I found it there. I bought it almost a month ago, and it is almost gone, because we used it almost every time we grill.
Steps to make the perfect Maple Mountain Dew Grilled Chicken:
This chicken tastes best when when you marinade it for at least 2 hours or so. I prefer to marinade it overnight, but it is totally optional.
Once we marinade it, we then season it with the chicken maple glaze.
You can season it more as needed if you desire more flavor.
Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve and enjoy. We love serving this with a pasta salad. Watch how to make one, below.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more marinade recipes?
- Mom’s Sizzlin Steak Marinade
- The Best Pork Chop Marinade
- Copycat Cafe Rio Steak Marinade
- Honey Lime Grilled Chicken Marinade
- Chili Lime Rubbed Steak
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Grilled Huli Huli Chicken
- Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken
- Grilled Asian BBQ Chicken
- Rosemary Ranch Grilled Chicken
- 5 Star Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Thighs
Maple Mountain Dew Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mountain dew soda
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- ¾ cup maple syrup divided
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon maple seasoning
- In a gallon ziploc bag, add your chicken breasts, Mt. Dew, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, olive oil, lime juice, and 1/4 cup maple syrup.
- Zip up the bag, and toss, to allow the marinade to cover the chicken breasts.
- Place in the fridge, and let marinade for at least 3 hours (we recommend letting it marinate overnight).
- Right before grilling, combine the 1/2 cup maple syrup, cumin, garlic salt, pepper, and maple seasoning.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Rub the maple mixture over the chicken breasts, and place them on the grill using tongs. You could also baste them with a basting brush if you hare having a hard time coating the chicken breasts in the glaze.
- Cook the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the center of the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear, when you cut into it.
- Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe is amazing with chicken, but I have made it with both pork chops and steak, and they were absolutely delicious.
- Ziploc Bag
- basting brush