Well, as of today it’s officially official – we’ve moved to Los Angeles.
My husband got a job working for an accounting firm downtown and we are so excited to start this new chapter of our lives.
One thing I will greatly miss about Utah is the Cafe Rio that was literally 3 minutes down the street from where we lived.
I probably frequented there one too many times, but I just love their food.
Now that the closest one is more than 30 minutes away, and riding in the car is becoming a little uncomfortable thanks to the babies, I usually end up trying to make things at home as much as possible.
I love their steak whether it’s in a burrito, enchilada, or on a salad, but it is SO easy to make at home, too. It’s just a few ingredients and it makes for great-tasting meat.
If you have never been to Cafe Rio, or don’t have one near you, I recommend trying this copycat Cafe Rio Steak Recipe. You are not going to be disappointed.
What could I put this steak on?
If you have never been to Cafe Rio, it’s incredibly simple to order. It’s extremely fresh Mexican food, where you select all your fresh toppings. However, they only have a few main courses to choose from. They have:
- Tostada (like a mini salad, with a hard shell on the bottom)
From there, you pick your meat, beans, cilantro rice, sauce, and fresh toppings.
I personally go for the burrito (because they are massive and I get more steak), but all of the options are delicious.
I also love the quesadilla, and this one is a simple one to make at home. All you need is your tortilla, cheese, and steak.
We also love dipping all our Cafe Rio Copycat recipes in their Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing. I kid you not, this stuff is heaven sent. It’s so yummy.
If you love this copycat cafe rio steak marinade, you’ll want to make the best pork chop marinade. it makes The best grilled pork chops!
Watch how to make our copycat chick Fil a Chicken nuggets here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Chick Fil A breaking your bank? Look no further. This Copycat Chick Fil a Chicken Nuggets is spot on and so easy to make. Watch how, here:
Looking for more copycat recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Copycat Hug Hes Chicken Pasta Salad
- Copycat PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef
- Olive Garden Copycat Grilled Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Copycat Chicken Fiesta Nachos
- Copycat Blaze White Top Pizza
Cafe Rio Copycat Steak Marinade Recipe
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ pounds steak sliced thin
- In a medium tupperware container or re-sealable bag, whisk together your honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger and garlic.
- Add in your steak, and mix until coated.
- Marinade for at least 30 minutes (sometimes I'll even let it sit overnight for great flavor).
- Grill over medium heat until steak pieces reach desired doneness.
- Airtight Container