Growing up, our mom made this stew all the time. It is so simple to put all the ingredients in your slow cooker and let it cook all day.
This is the perfect meal for a cold day and your house will smell absolutely amazing.
I love making this on busy or cold days, and coming home to a nice warm dinner. It’s quick, simple, delicious, and definitely a family favorite.
Want to make this recipe in the Instant Pot?
I make it a little bit different. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 (1 pound) package baby carrots
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cut
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Stir just enough to mix spices. Cover and cook on manual or high pressure for 30 minutes. You can do a quick release or let it release on it’s own. Mix and serve.
Looking for another version of beef stew? Click here to check out our other recipe!
what do i serve with this stew?
I love stew, but I also love the side dishes and bread that we serve with stew. If you need a few ideas of what to serve this meal with, here is what we recommend:
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread: We love this bread. It is exactly what it says it is, EASY. It is delicious.
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls: These rolls are so fast, and practically fail proof. Spread a little butter on them, and get dipping them in your stew.
- Italian Fresh Green Salad: This fresh Italian salad, makes the perfect side dish and is so simple to throw together.
- Sweet Cornbread: Nothing warms the soul better than some stew and corn bread. You will love this home style combination and all the amazing flavor.
Really any bread or soup pairing would be perfect for this recipe. It’s simple, delicious, and they both taste great with a hearty soup, such as this one.
Watch how to make the Instant Pot Stew here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Instant Pot Beef Stew is a dump and ready to go, kind of soup. It’s quick, simple, and absolutely delicious. You will love it. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more delicious soup recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW RECIPE
- 1 (16 ounce) package BABY CARROTS
- 3 RUSSET POTATOES (PEELED AND DICED)
- 2 pounds BEEF STEW MEAT
- 1 cup BEEF STOCK
- 1 teaspoon WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- 2 teaspoons MINCED GARLIC
- 1 BAY LEAF
- 1 Tablespoon SALT
- ½ teaspoon PEPPER
- 1 teaspoon PAPRIKA
- 1 ONION (DICED)
- 1 stalk CELERY (DICED)
- 1 (15 ounce) can GREEN PEAS
- PLACE ALL INGREDIENTS IN SLOW COOKER.
- STIR JUST ENOUGH TO MIX SPICES.
- COVER AND COOK ON LOW 10-12 HOURS OR HIGH 5-6 HOURS.
- REMOVE BAY LEAF, AND SERVE.
- Slow Cooker
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!